Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Potential purchase?

Yeah, lay off the tiptronics!!!! :evil:

I wasn't completely convinced I was doing the right thing getting a tip-box right up to the point of handing over the cash - Loved it straight away on the drive home and 6 month later, I still love it!! I use the 993 as a daily drive and its ideal, lazy when you want to be and manic when you want to be a little :twisted:
!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4669

I've got a tip because its the best of both worlds.

When I'm on the open roads I use the gears and keep both hands fully occupied on the wheel using my thumb to change up and down. When in traffic or I'm just knackered I let the fully auto take over.

I do a lot of miles, nearly 3.5k in the last 10 weeks, and the Tip is great for the long m'way tailbacks.

I suppose if I never had to sit in traffic, I'd consider a manual.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4672

Phil,

When I was looking for my 993 I went to see a C2S, got there and looked in the car only to realise it was a tip. The owner hadn't put it in his advert, anyway he persuaded me to have a test drive as he felt I would like it, not one to turn down a drive, I did.

I felt that something was missing and found it very un-involving, even changing using the stick or steering wheel.

After saying good-bye I jumped in my 964 stuck my foot down and banged through the gears, then immediately realised what was missing with the tiptronic 993.

Horses for courses.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4673

Guys, thanks for all your responses. As per the advice I tried a tip today... I didn't take to it as I thought I might, does it take a while? Drove about 5 town miles and a couple of fast straights, lots of stopping and starting and reversing to try and get a good feel for it. I'm not convinced yet... The power didn't seem to be there when I wanted it. Tried the "manual" mode, but didn't get on with that particularly well either.

Similar to you poon, I jumped back into the Exige and found myself thrashing around the box and enjoying it!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4677

I drove a tiptronic boxster from london to birmingham and back and found the tip box didn't suit my driving style.

Go with your instinct and get a manual, there are plenty out there.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4679

I keep meaning to pop over to see Henry's lot, might have a look tomorrow....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4682

That looks like a gorgeous car -- maybe I should trade mine in! :)
if(Document.layers){Document.captureevents(event.MOUSEUP);}Document.onmouseup=PrxOMUp;

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4683

Maybe it's the idiosyncratic style of the company...?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4810

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back