Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S slated by Clarkson.......

I used to rate Clarkson - but I now find it hard to watch Top Gear because his over inflated opinions on all things cars wind me up. Sadly he does influence the buying public because of that he should stop acting like a T**T especially when refering to Porsche.

I have a 996 C4 and as much as I love it would swap for a C4S - yes the turbo is the ultimate dream but £20k is a big jump

Regards
postamble();

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4545

Be fair chaps. Clarkson may be a bit opinionated but he does hate "Fatty Two Jags" and all things Labour so he's not all bad.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4559

Actually - i like him immensely. His recent view of porsche 911's is much improved over his previous loathings. Unfortunately- on this occasion he was a bit too narrow minded. Of course the C4S is brilliant and equally obviously not as searingly, blindingly brilliant as a TT......but that real £25,000 difference does account for that. One's perception of cars, porsches and other toys in life will always be subject to the widest possible personal interpretation. Fair enough! Each to their own. But to simply denounce the C4S as a "fake wannabee" is both trite and ignorant.

Incidentally, the sports exhaust noise does sound delicious at town speeds (as stated in the programme) IF you choose to leave it switched on - but when "moving very briskly" on faster roads - at it's full screaming, maniacal, wailing, "bursting lungs" top level......It is just STUNNING !!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4562

I agree with Jay Jay as I am sure Clarkson used to absolutely slate 911s fro their rear engine format.

As for the C4S, if I could I'd have one in a second and look at the used values - most are still commanding list price+ even when a year old?! Don't get that from a C4!

I've always liked dark colours but I can see why people go for the Arctic Silver as it makes the car look even wider. Also for all I love my metallic black - I sometimes get p'd off at washing it after every journey!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4563

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back