Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

loss of memory

bones

I recently installed a Sony CD/Radio in my '78SC , (the first one I have had with a memory) , but every time I turn off the ignition it loses the stored settings . I believe my earths to be clean so is it possible the main dealer factory fitted immobiliser is cutting out this circuit or can anyone suggest another cause , (duff unit perhaps)?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4241

Had the same problem with a jvc unit in a 3.2 and it appeared to be the immobilizer. You need a constant supply from the battery ( I think its usually an orange wire from the unit but don't quote me on that as it might be the electric ariel or something?) . You should be able to connect directly to the battery (with a fuse in ) but check your wiring diagram with the sony unit first. I never bothered to do mine as I only listen to Terry in the morning and Radio 2 is usually the first signal you get when you press scan!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4243

Problem is , if you connect directly to the battery then you have to remember to turn it off from the unit , forget and you may have a flat battery . So I need to by-pass the immobiliser , I'm trying to work out if I need to take a feed from an orange wire or a red one . Feeling it's the orange which is 'switched' . Anyone know for sure .

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4288

Sorted the problem , just needed to swap the 'switched feed' with the 'constant feed' .
"Thanks me".
"that's ok".

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4417

Lol, congratulations.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4419

Glad that amused you ......it has been quiet here today ..but give it time!...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4421

It usually comes to life at about 8-9.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4423

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back