Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1997 Porsche 911 Turbo S - Best Car Ever?

jonno

Is the 1997 Porsche 911 Turbo S the best car in the world? According to some people it is :

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/black%20-%20back%20iso3.jpg

What do you think?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4144

That is a beautiful car. What is the difference between the normal 993 turbo and the turbo S?

Cheers

Ronnie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4145

If not.. it's bloody close.

"My next car"

;)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4146

A turbo s is a turbo with loads of options, such as the X50 kit and bodykit. Personally I think its a bit lardy, I'd prefer a lightweight model such as a GT2 or RS.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4147

Gorgeous lookin machine with outstanding performance, although I dont think the Mclaren F1, Ferrari Enzo, Pagini Zonda or the Carrera GT would want to be classed as inferior to it. Even the Ford Model t has a hell of a shout for startin the ball rollin!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4149

Nope.

But the '92/'93 Turbo S was the real deal. A 3.3 Turbo with uprated power, deleted electrics (eg manual windows), no rear seats, no radio even. It also had plastic doors, bonnet and engine cover. A "proper" lightweight Turbo.

What a car!

PS Most of them were yellow too!

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/911_turbo_s_3.3_coupe_-_1991.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4159

What about the 1970s RSR turbo?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4161

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus