Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 ignition..?

boxaw

Hi guys, this is my first post and I am hoping someone can help.

I have a 1969 LHD 911T and the ignition is broken so I need a new ignition switch. I have been trying to locate a switch withouth success so was wondering whether anyone knew the whereabouts of one.

I need to get the car back on the road quick so was wondering whether I could use one from another car why I try to find a real one. Is this possible? What are the pitfalls in using one from another car, can I do this? If so, any particular car I should use?

Thanks in advance

Andrew

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4010

Andrew, can you give us more details of the problem with your ignition?

Does the key turn ? Does the steering lock engage/disengage ? etc etc

Andy

'69 911E--------->R

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4014

hi guys, thanks for the help..

basically, the steering lock disengages, the auxillary works so oil light comes on etc. It's just that ignition/starter that is broken... The RAC guy managed to start the car by crawling underneath and sending a charge straight to the starter motor (or something like that) and told me it wasn't the starter motor that is the problem.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4026

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back