Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Steamy back bits

Cooper

Can anyone tell me the best way to get rid of condensation from the rear reflector and light assemblies. Its getting a bit irritating as it spoils the look of the car.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3345

You might have to remove the lens assembly, dry it out on the radiator at home, then seal assembly with clear silicone sealant i.e Bathroom sealant and then reassemble onto car. Dont dorget the drain tubes.

Its the small cracks in the assembly that lets in water that causes condensation. Try to wipe the sealant into all the cracks.

I did this on my old 964 and it worked.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3346

Cheers mate :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3354

I believe later lenses etc had a small hole in the bottom to let any water out. Might drilling a small hole in the bottom of your reflector strip etc help? Kind of the opposite appriach to poon :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3378

I think there are already some holes there mate. Best follow Poons advice. Cheers anyway.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3388

The point is to have a "proper" sized hole so any trapped water/moisture can escape whereas a crack lets a tiny bit of moisture in but doesn't offer any airflow/exit/whatever for it to get out. I am pretty sure the later Porsche reflectors had a hole with a drainage pipe or something rather than being sealed.

Could be wrong though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3389

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back