Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hoop spoiler

manek

Montreal
Hi all

As a newbie here, can I just say how useful this forum is for checking out colours and specs for the 993 I'm hoping to buy sometime soon. My budget is up to £30k (though dont let the dealers know!), and I'm hoping to find a clean, reasonable-mileage C2 coupe, probably 1995 vintage.

One thing though - a couple of the cars I've seen around have a hoop spoiler. Was this an optional extra or simply because that's how they built 'em then?

Thanks.

Manek

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3121

Optional, you can get them fairly easily thru the trade ads in most magazines. Don;'t think they actually do anything.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3125

Downforce, but the standard 993 doesnt need anymore, so its mainly just for show.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3131

except an RS rear wing or similar!

For the kids to keep hold of!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3133

Certainly an option

I think it was initially aimed at the cabrio, as a way of getting a high(er) level break light, given that there is nothing in the roof or plastic rear screen to hang on to. (it's fitted to mine). Not to everyone's taste though!.

Mark

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3149

Have to say it doesn't bother me -- much more subtle than the (in my view) ugly whale-tail...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3151

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back