Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Intermittent wiper not working

RupertClark

Yes, I have another problem (I will get there soon)

The windscreen wipers work fine on setting 1 or 2 but the intermittent option does not work. When you flick the lever down it wipes once but does not do any more. I have tried adjusting the delay speed but it won't move.

Could this be as simple as a fuse or is it a garage job

Many thanks as always for the expert advice

Rupert

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3106

Mine did that (964) on and off and at the time of selling it was okay, I found twiddling with the delay speed knob worked. My friends has also acked up and changed the relay , I think you will find it in the front fuse box.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3126

Thanks Poon

I have only had the car for about a week, so I will call them and get them to sort it under warranty (if it was a fuse it would have saved me taking it all the way to them).

Thanks again

Rupert

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3132

Change the switch at the steering columb its really esy to do honestly, any probs call me

Rich

Migration info. Legacy thread was 9742

I had the same problem on my 996, the flick-wipe/wash only worked intermittently - cured by changing a £18 relay in the fuse box.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 9746

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back