Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Paint chips every trip!

I am sure they would be, as NU's approved insurers they would not get paid until you were happy or the job was inspected by NU.

My insurers Royal and Sun Alliance would not even inspect.

It is still making my blood boil, 18 months later!!!!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4444

There is really nothing to gert worked up about, you follow to close or not, there are a million stones out there, just waiting to hurl themselves at us, i had bird strike at 130+ on M45 last month, and i can tell you the odd stone is nothing to worry about, i even had one appear on top of the back bumper last week WTF?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6527

Too much time polishing and not enough time playing makes costapacket a very dull boy! No one can see your stone chips except you. Just enjoy it. Lifes too short.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6528

Ah yes, but what about his residuals? (he said. not entirely seriously).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6531

Not enough that I have stone chips on the bumper/bonnet already, but having given the beast a good clean this weekend I have noticed the Carrera wheels are really taking a bashing - loads of stone chips all over.

Never noticed this on the Boxster with 18" GT2 wheels (a ***** to clean - my advice is to avoid them at all costs) - I am begining to live with all of my problems and not worry about them.....

Here's to the next chip :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6550

Costapacket sold his C4S didn't he?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6551

Ownership period September 02 - April 03. 1500 miles on the clock.

1. 15 chips on the front end.

2. 4 serious chips on the bonnet

3. 1 major chip on the roof which was resprayed by Dick Lovett Swindon. Paint job fine apart from a hair in the lacquer!

4. Rear wheel arches 21 chips nearside, 19 offside.

Second car : Mercedes, higher miles, worse driving conditions. Total chips to date : 3

Third car : Lexus, higher miles, worse conditions. Total chips to date : 6

So yes, I did sell the C4S at a loss of £3k

And please don't tell me it is acceptable 'because it is a Porsche' because it is'nt acceptable under any circumstances. Porsche cannot afford to continue this complacent attitude to their customers because they no longer have the lead they used to and the cars are not that much better than many others now available.

What is happening to them in America will no doubt happen here if they are not careful.

Still, every cloud has a silver lining - the car I now have to replace the 4S is twice the car in every respect (except the price) so I see it as a narrow escape from years of disappointment in the vehicle and the dealers.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7019

Gas. What have you replaced it with then?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7021

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back