Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

LHD 993 headlamp alignment/adjustment

Hendo

Suzuka
Can any other LHD 993 owners throw some light?

For the first month or so, I thought those less fortunate coming in the opposite direction at night were signalling their appreciation of the 993 form. I then realised I'm blinding the b*ggers as the beam seems to be high and to the right. I had the same issue with the LHD 964, which RUF advised meant replacing both headlamps (and the sods didnt give me back the old ones!).

I've tried the in car adjustment but that only has marginal vertical effect. Can the beams be manually adjusted on a '95' 993 or am I gonna have to replace these as well?

Thanks in advance for any help

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2033

I have a LHD 993 RS and have adjusted the headlights. Here's how:

1. Remove the headlight. This is done by opening the bonnet, moving the lever inside the bonnet (nr the lights) by 180 degrees and sliding the headlamp unit out.

2. Inside the headlamp is a flat tab with three potential settings. From memory, you need to move it to the middle setting - however Porsche GB will tell you exectly which one to move it to if you're not sure.

3. Replace headlamp, twist lever 180 deg and do the other one!

Total time: about 30 sec per headlamp, so v. easy. Hope this helps

Zubin

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2469

Cheers for that,your a star.

I'll be out in the morning to sort it

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2477

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe