Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM Sat-nav cd & Mobile cradle

mikec

I've just bought my first porsche, a 2000 'w' boxster 2.7 tip. Does anyone know a way of getting an up to date cd-rom for the sat-nav without paying the 170 pounds that I have been quoted by AFN? Also is there way of getting a mobile phone cradle to integrate with the PCM so I don't have to keep changing my sim card from it to my mobile. I've asked at car phone warhouse but they don't think that it can be done.

Many thanks

MIke Crowley

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2020

Mikec ...
I understand from a porsche dealer - but have yet to actually enquire - that your mobile supplier (O2, orange, etc) can (for a fee) supply a second sim card. So if you get in the car & switch off your "mobile" then your car"s "Sim" becomes the "live" one.
sounds good to me. I've been too busy recently thrashing CFOURS to make any calls. Well - I say thrash but i mean only upto 4200 rpm.
If you get any good news on this topic - please do post your views I too am getting fed up of switching sim cards around.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2038

Jay Jay,

Have tried the two sim cards for the same number approach, however according to car phone warehouse there are quite a few problems with it. It is, so far, only available on vodaphone, and apparently there are only a few price plans you can go on, calls to other mobile networks aren't included in your free minutes etc etc etc. Therefore I haven't bothered so far.

Mike

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2166

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back