Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 S or non-S

maximus

I am trying to decide between a 993 s or egular coupe.

I like the curvier shape of the "S", but as I understand it this car is lower. Is this true? Where I live the council erects sleeping policeman for fun, and I would hate to repeatedly be damaging the under chassis on these.

Are there any other differences between the two to consider?

Thanks

Max

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1800

Go for the 993s with the Citroen hydraulic suspension option ;) !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1802

I understand the S is sometime considered dynamically inferior to the standard car (extra weight, less precise handling) but is arguably the more attractive.

James

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1813

Do you pose or drive Sorry not ment to be flippant.The "standard" C2 coupe is unsurpassed and as James says there is always going to be arguments on the best looking but even if it is better looking (although I dispute this) its not worth the premium but this is only my humble opinion!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1823

Thanks for the advice guys.

I have just bought a 993 C4 (1996 P)

It is sexy as hell, and makes my heart skip beats!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2251

Congrats Maximus

6 months on and my heart condition hasnt improved any.

What colour/spec etc?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2253

- also, where did you buy it from

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2254

She is Arctic silver with grey interior. She has four wheel drive, with 3.6 litre varioram engine. Optional extras include sports seats, A/C, lowered suspension, 3rd brake light, 17" cup alloys.

She has had a new clutch and new tyres last year, and has only done 38500 miles, with a full OPC service history.

She was advertised by a private vendor in the Sunday Times.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2444

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back