Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 baby seats!

ant

Can anyone help?

Just about to trade in my Boxster for 1996 993 targa. My wife due with our first baby in 7 weeks! Cannot find any info about baby seats. Porsche main dealer says airbag cannot be deactivated. Car is fab so don't want to start looking for 996!

Very grateful for any advice.

Ant

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1729

Hi ant

This came up in another thread not so long ago. "Bellies" posted:

I have a 6 month old daughter and a 993 (1 month old too me ) .You really need another hack. I run 15 year old pajero but I 've bought a roof rack for the 993.The difficulty is with the rear facing childseats you can fit these in the front but it costs £165 to have the airbag deactivated its a special bar thing that your OPC can fit. My advise is do it and then worry about it afterwards!

-------------
bellies

Cheers, James

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1736

Is this "bar thing" reversible?.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1757

The bar is fitted beneath the front seat and is removed easily. It allows a seat belt to plug in to it and this deactivates the airbag.What I've done now is got a front facing seat in the rear (a britax one from Halfords) I had to get a longer seat belt to fit it though. This is only possible when your child can sit up unaided.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1786

Have 1997 993 Targa that I am about to sell complete with 2 Porsche Baby seats (forward facing) so e-mail me @ [email protected]

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1808

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back