Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Northway Porsche, Reading

Just had my 1990 C2 into Northway yesterday for a few bits and pieces to be sorted out. Have to say I was very pleased with the service and found them to be very approachable and friendly. Whilst I was in the office, a customer phoned up with a problem and one of the mechanics spent ages on the phone to the guy giving advice. They also chaufferred me to the local railway station, as they're in the middle of nowhere (which was appreciated) and despite some parts ordered for my car arriving really late on a Friday afternoon, the owner stayed and fitted them (even though it was after 6pm).

In short, I would thoroughly recommend them (in preference to Chapelgate for example....turned up last week in the C2 to order some bits- the guy working in the parts department needs to go on a customer relations course. My wife and I got the distinct feeling that had we turned up in a new 996 we would have been treated better....shame really as they're my local dealer, but I won't be going there again. Its true what they say, first impressions count)

Marc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1612

MArc I am in the process of buying a 996 from Northway and pleased to hear your good report of them. I have to say the comments made of the serive forum about trying to setup a scoring system of the independents to allow people to move away from the main dealers is an excellent idea, particularly if it could be done in conjunction with the Porsche owners club GB.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1614

Yes,

I think we as a forum should put more on here about good and bad service from whoever. Some people I think get disproportionatly hung-up over worries of being sued for libel etc which is crap...if what you're putting on here are factual accounts of your experience with a dealer/garage then to my mind freedom of speech should be allowed. Why should dealers/garages get away with p*ss-poor service and treatment of paying customers (and lets face it, when I say "paying" I mean "PAYING" in the case of Porsche!)

Marc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1620

Marc, this is fine, I totally agree, this is one of the reasons for the forum, but I must reiterate your comment that the information must be factual accounts of your OWN experience :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1642

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back