Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

another engine swap query !!!

imported_paul b

i am looking at a 73.5 (?) 911 T E that has a 2.4 engine fitted with K-Jet..........the car is priced at 10k and seems very good....

i am having it driven over to chris turner in nth london for an inspection but wondered if you guys had any thoughts on
this kind of swap?.......i have been a bit blinded by science
ie its a T with an E etc etc....!

on a non porsche note i had a baby girl girl this week.....2 boys and now a girl (we are naming her carrera !!!!)....joke !!!...

thanks

paul

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1562

First of all, congratulations on your new baby - both boys and girls now, you must be very happy.

Re the car, nothing wrong with an engine transplant apart from the fact it will be never be worth the same as an original "E" but we have been over this ground a thousand times and at £10k it sounds good value. Of course it all depends on its condition. Rust is the reall killer to look out for, but assuming it is not too rusty £10k sounds like a good deal.

Good luck with inspection.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1566

This sounds like an original motor. In Jan '73 the US 911T motor was fitted with CIS (K-jetronic) injection. 140 bhp @ 5700 rpm

I have no idea of the value, but it's all down to body and trim condition at this age.

Look for 6" Fuchs wheels, sport seats would be a real plus. A/C? Colour is important too.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1568

Seriously, when I was looking for my frst 911, I came across a guy who had called his daughter Carrera after his car - Absolute truth!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1596

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back