Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 sickness

poon

Can anyone help me? I have joined this forum looking for help to cure my longing for a 993 C2/4S. I currently drive a silver 964C4 that i bought over 2 years ago for £18k, several trips to JZ Machtech (excellent company) later I had a remapped, airboxed, rs exhaust'd, lowered and progressively dampered 911 just as I had always wanted. I have also stuck on cup alloys and mirrors and lovingly looked after it with Zymol etc. It should still be worth at least £16k so in terms of depreciation was a pretty good buy. Would have been better if I could have left it standard (not as much fun though), servicing has been fairly high (new brakes, £1200 to fix the aircon-ouch) but the car is ultra-reliable, fast and handles well. So why do I lust after a 993 C4S? Ideally in black with hard-backed sports seats, etc. Can someone help me keep hold of my hard earned folding as I am sure the driving experience will be pretty much the same, and you can't look at it all day.

Sorry for the ramblings, especially on my first post, but I am sure that nearly all 964 owners share my sickness.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1120

I know this won't help you but personally I prefer the looks of a 964 to a 993. The sloping wings of a 993 remind me too much of slant-nosed 911s (which I am not that keen on either). Also, I have always felt that the C2/4S is a bit of a poser's 911 - the wide body does nothing/little for the car's ability and is really just for show. I am sure they are great cars... but why?!

Other than that I am afraid you just have to pull yourself out of it! Either that or test drive one and see if you like it!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1140

"you must do what you feel is right of course..." Seriously though the difference in the 3.2 that i had and the 993 that I recently acquired is not dramatic but more of a subtle evolution.I imagine that if I drove them back to back it might be more obvious so sratch that itch and try one! Mind you the C2/4s was if memory serves rated poorer than the "standard" car in driving dynamics.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1154

Cheers for the advice, I have test driven one from Paragon and the drive was similar to my 964, in fact the 964 is a bit more involving. Doing the maths can't see how a 993 C4s at circa £36k can be £20k more fun and satisfaction than my 964. I think it would make more financial sense to wait a few years, which should see 993 C2/4s level out at approx £30k. By then my 964 will need changing. But by then I will probably want a 996!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1158

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back