Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 Turbo 2 LHD

Tristan

My story started out when seeing an 89 lhd 964 in the metal 12 months ago and actually being lucky enough to afford it. From seeing that car I was certainly hooked on a 911 and knew I had to have one eventually.

It does however take a great deal of thought as my dilemma was (i) Spend my wedge on a nice modern car that will depreciate quickly or (ii) Buy a second hand 911 for weekends and in the week run around in a banger during the week. In the end I opted for a 911 and the banger. Took me 10 months of searching and in the end bought a Turbo as the circa 30 cars (964 C2 / C4) I saw all over the country all had "a little story" - Maybe I'm too fussy. Was a bit nervous about the purchase as I did not know a great deal about the Turbos but thought what the heck. What did it for me was the overall condition of the car.

Having now bought the car I am very pleased. The hard work of convincing the wife it won't depreciate too much certainly paid off.

I won't say any more about running costs or bills as its early days and I don't want to tempt fate! I am hoping the car will do me proud though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 898

Congratulations on your new purchase. Turbo's are something a little special aren't they! Do you have any pictures to hare with us?

Jame

Migration info. Legacy thread was 899

If the weather is OK on the weekend I shall be getting it out - and the car!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 902

Does anyone have any first hand experience with Zymol? Is it good stuff and does it actually protect yoyur paintwork. From what I can gather its about £80 a go

Migration info. Legacy thread was 977

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back