Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 C2 Porsche Alarm

Rushjob

Hopefully someone out there can help!

The Porsche alarm fitted to my C2 is beginning to annoy me as it keeps activating itself for no apparent reason. ( This is great at 3am when the car is directly below the bedroom window! )

As the car has a Thatcham 1 system fitted to it as well, I'm considering deactivating the troublesome Porsche one - the only snag being how?

Obviously just removing the alarm module from the luggage compartment immobilises the car as it breaks the fuel pump feed.

Does anyone know a satisfactory way to by pass the module without hacking the wiring loom about?

I have considered the option of disconnecting the alarm horn under the offside wing but decided against that method.

Cheers

Andy Rushton

Migration info. Legacy thread was 863

Hmmm - just been to Strasse & mentioned this - first question - is it parked outside?

Yes says me.....

Aaah says Dave!

Seems that the UK standard fit Porsche alarm can be set off by high winds - I've just had the sensitivity of the ultrasonics turned down to see if this works - I also have the option of disconnecting them if necessary.

Fingers Crossed!

Andy

Migration info. Legacy thread was 951

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back