Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My new 993

andyphilpott

Monza
Well, after a fair bit of looking around, the attached vehicle is now with me. Looks great, drives lovely and all it needs now is decent stereo and decent speakers. Anyhow, that's it... Andy - anyone else out there got a 993 Targa - would be good to compare notes???

targa21.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 802

Attached vehicle????

Migration info. Legacy thread was 806

Its a white 993 on a very snowy, cloudy day?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 807

Sorry chaps - previous image was too big hence done a new one on my website and all is clear - the snow has gone and been cleared off the car and thus it can be seen in all its glory...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 808

Nice Targa. I Recently bought myself a Silver one with black leather 1997. I haven't driven it much, but problems so far. I'll try and post a picture one day.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1756

Cool - does yours make a fair few noises and rattles? Have to say it takes a while to get used to...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1759

Hi Andy,

It's my first Porsche, so the driving position and high clutch took a little time to get used to. It little on the noisey side, but have to say there has not been any rattling. Where is the noise coming from?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2310

Andy

I got mine (1997 august, 20k miles Zenith blue with grey leather) - on Friday, see "993 targa 1997" - not much more noise than a coupe and very easy to hold conversations with the roof open, some fairly minor rattles and creaks, only difficulty is shutting the doors with every roof option closed and getting the seatbelt from behind the sports seats.

Oh and the radio only receives a lot of hissing but the CDs are fine.

Judging by the fact that the doors close easily on this rainy day its due to the rubbers being too gripp and an application of talc occasionally will help.

I cant work out what the little plastic blob on the air deflector roof segment is for though.

Two people have said that the 17 inch Targa wheels are too much like after market wheels..... so as I prefer the 18 inch for looks anyway I will be changing those.

As you would expect at this stage I am absolutely smitten with the car and especially since I had a 1988 3.2 coupe before this. No pwr steering - no aircon - no abs and 150,000 on the clock.... (but a sports exhaust, K&N filter and holes in the airbox to fly a jumbo jet through).

All the best

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5358

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back