Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brake Calliper colours

Toga

Trainee
<Sorry image not available after migration>
Hi all!

My 993 C4s has red brake callipers. There are some bad stone chips on them I would like to correct. Does anyone know the colour ref. for that red? Is it a special colour? Can we simply use a "Humbrol" colour design for models. Same question about the label Porsche on those callipers. Can we find a replacement for the original?

Thanks for help

J.P.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 242

J.P. "Humbrol" paint won't work as the brakes get too hot. You have 2 options:

1) paint the callipers on the car using a high temperature paint, eg. engine block paint

2) Take the callipers off the car, paint them with a high temperature paint and then bake them in the oven to cure the paint.

Option 2 is better, but if you are only touching them up option 1 should be fine.

Cheers, James

Migration info. Legacy thread was 243

Thanks James! I'll first try the first option. But do you know the reference code of that red?

JP

Migration info. Legacy thread was 244

JP, Afraid not. Your OPC should be able to tell you.

James

Migration info. Legacy thread was 245

Here is the OPC answer on the brake calliper colour problem:

buy new ones! Anything about respraying won't stand the heat and will change colour or peal away. Around 370€ for one! I think I'm getting used to the stone chips on those callipers...

J.P. :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 414

Halfords do a kit for painting calipers red- might be worth a look

Migration info. Legacy thread was 420

Thanks Keith,

Google find their site for me! I'll have a search in there.

Cheers

J.P.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 428

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back