Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 carrera 4gts manual or pdk ?

True - I thought I might enjoy a different driving experience though. Thanks all the same, sure Il find something soon.

mw1967 said:
TurbosandsGT4 - Currently have an M6 which is also rear wheel drive but obviously far different in size, shape and over all feel. I wasn't expecting the road noise to be so apparent considering lots of people use the 911 as an everyday car. For me it felt as it belongs on a track but that's just my opinion. I did find the overall build quality and finishes very nice though. Perhaps a panamera would suit me better.

I understand about road noise, my car has the Burmester audio and sounds absolutely fantastic at idle but deteriorates at speed -so I instead listen to the engine!
I can understand coming from an M6, I came from a CLS63 (via Nissan GTRs) so agree on your comments -however you also gain massively from the 400kg odd weight reduction in agility and performance not to mention steering response and traction. Did you manage to drive the GTS hard? you might be missing something :thumbs:

Might also be worth checking a 992 out before discounting the 911 due to refinement

Yeah i got to drive it hard...It was very fast and I did enjoy that. I suppose I am just accustomed to a smoother ride. I am going to check out a 992 4s as well just to see if it's a little softer and comfier as I do really like the shape/looks of the 911. A tough call to find the car that does it all!

I'm thinking...... about buying a 991.1 GTS, must be manual, I wouldn't normally but a mate has sold a Cayman R to buy mine....... it's not for sale but it seems rude not to !

Struggling to find the right spec, and thinking a few more weeks might see me get a really good deal !!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back