Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Copy Durametric Cable issue?

cbriggs1978

Trainee
Hi all

I have a 996.2 but imagine this is a potential issue across many cars, hence posting in a general thread.

I have bought one of the copy durametric cables with version 3.0.15.0 of the software.

I can connect to the alarm and DME modules but nothing else. I have found a few mentions on this on various forums saying this is because some modules are on a K1 (bus?) and some on K2 - the alarm and DME are on K1, everything else on K2.

Back when this was the latest software durametric seemed to blame the vehicles but then issued a firmware update to resolve.

I have tried software on windows 10 and 7 and have the same result.

My question is, has anyone managed to get a copy cable to work properly and if so, what did you do!?

I have contacted the seller and am waiting feedback

Regards

Chris

I had a clone - they dont work properly.....they are good for what they are - for £12 you can get at some of the info, but not all modules and you can only run old software (if you try newer Durametric downloads it 'bricks' the cable).

I then got a proper durametric and it worked perfectly - but was overkill for what I needed, so I sold it.
Have now got a Foxwell (with their Porsche software), which does what I need....not as good as the Durametric, but a third of the price....

Wouldnt bother with a clone cable again....

Kingb4 thanks for the helpful reply!

It works to let me get engine codes and trend live values so for £20 I dont feel ripped off but if there was an easy (i.e. pc config) to get it working properly with all modules I would have tried it!

I think i will do a bit more research before deciding to buy something more expensive!

Sounds like a sensible plan - as you say for £20 they give you some useful insight. That may be all you need.

I did also read some horror-stories of people using clone cables to try and program their cars and then corrupting the cars software (something to do with the clones not being able to transfer data fast enough). So you may want to avoid any attempts at programming with the clone....

i think I can remember some BASIC coding, anything more that that is way above my knowledge base!

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back