Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Centre Lock Wheels.

MaxA said:
Norfolk & Idea said:
MaxA said:
Centrelocks always seem like more trouble than they're worth... and since I regularly swap between summer, winter and track rims, it would be a nightmare. :grin:

And here lies the myth. What is so difficult about it? As long as you have the correct method and kit, they're a piece of pi55 I'd say :dont know:

I'm not trying to propogate a myth, but the last time I saw a car running centrelocks, it came in a nice covered trailer, and the torque wrench had to live in the trailer as it didn't fit inside the car. And it took the mechanic quite a while to swap the rims.

I can swap all four rims on my car in fairly short order, using normal tools (and a torque wrench), but I'm practised at it.

Once you get the knack it's pretty quick :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back