Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sold Z3M Coupe: S54 model, full restoration

Status of item for sale, now as sold
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely :D

I have a black S50 one that I have had for over 11yrs now, currently on 56K. Love it and will never sell it, good contrast to my 911.

Best of luck with the sale Nik :thumb:

Thanks Maph :thumb:

Good on you for the tenure. Lovely to see that it's a keeper!

I used to have an E46 M3 as well as a CSL. The Z3M just feels really special and it's amazing how much smaller/lighter it is!!

Yeah, it's small size is a large part of the appeal, feels like a go cart sitting just in front of the rear axle, yet is still comfortable enough to do long distances in. Took mine to the Italian lakes shortly after I bought it and it was a joy. Love that given the road you can still drive it hard and stay within licence keeping speeds if caught......if I drove my 911 in the same way I would be looking at jail time.

Always fancied an E46 M3 but there are only so many aging cars I want to spend my time looking after.

Look like you undertook a great restro job, a credit to you. You'll miss it when it's gone :eek:

Yup. I fear you're right.

My lunacy is that I love the art of the project... so when it's finished I feel like I need to move onto a new one!! :wall:

Nothing wrong with that. If the project is the part you enjoy stick with it :D

I am the opposite, I get attached to cars and struggle to part with them. I think my 911 is a keeper as well.

Would love a 997.2TT. Wish they weren't so godamn expensive now! :sad:

Nik said:
Would love a 997.2TT. Wish they weren't so godamn expensive now! :sad:

Have you driven one :dont know: ......if you love the S54 (one of the classic NA engines ever made) then you will struggle with the move to a TT Porsche, the NA cars are much more fun for Road use (and sound soooooomuch better) IMHO :wink:

Ps I have a full set of brand new Schnitzer Type III's in Z3m fitment boxed in my garage. I had type II's which are mega rare when I sold it.........one of the great things about the Z3m was that rear offset as they had the narrow body rear axle you could fit such a deep dish without any body modifications :thumb:

sjhEEES.jpg

MDX7Ga6.jpg

Awesome cars, 340BHP+ through the rear wheels, 8K redline (if you had the M3 remap), basic traction control, NA power delivery from a 3.2 litre engine 20 years ago :worship:

This is one of the cars I really regret selling nearly 10 years ago. I practically gave it away :sad: :sad:

Attachments

• 029_145.jpg
    029_145.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 42
quattro20v said:
This is one of the cars I really regret selling nearly 10 years ago. I practically gave it away :sad: :sad:

And the correct S54 shadow chrome wheels :thumb: .....always loved Phoenix yellow as it was an ///M only colour at the time

I always fancied a PY M3, they look great. Out in my E46 CSL today. Other than needing the aircon fixed it is an absolute gem.

MC

quattro20v said:

Sounds familiar, sold mine 16-17 years ago, used it all over Europe and the UK for holidays before kids. 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwarren1
Back