Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Turbo - the best one FS

Mark - You are incorrect, he understands quite clearly where his affordability is and the margin of flexibility that he chooses..
To me that's very responsible and also wise in not just calling the seller to waste each others time!
I have sold many vehicles in my time privately and there is nothing worse than wasters 'as you described' not having the money, a chancer, calling up enquiring and trying to mega low ball....
Fortunately he has a bit of respect and understands this (he's only 22)

The bottom line is the sellers price was way off the mark for the car to be attractive enough to engage a conversation of negotiation, most would expect 'possibly' £1/£1,5k (hopeful) reduction which at £35k still would not cut the mustard as the car was quite clearly over current market value.
Even a 'dealer', a dealer, values it under £30k :roll:

And finally no one is whinging, as stated it's a frank discussion on how the seller made a crucial error and in turn could provide an example to others in regard to 'keeping it real'.

:thumb:

Sadly this ended up as a lose/lose result for a couple of Porsche enthusiasts.

I've known lofi and the 'Green Meanie' for several years and at £30k Diver's son would have got a cracking car. Obviously lofi would also have had a few more £££s in his pocket. I suspect that the quick, easy deal that he was able to do for the right replacement car was preferable to marking down his original advertised price and waiting.

It seems like the only winner were Ashgoods who probably made a few£k in a couple of days for doing very little. NB: There's no axe to grind with them. They are a business and, in this case, struck lucky.

Diver said:
Mark - You are incorrect

No I'm not. :tongue:
Your son had £30k and the car ended up going for less than that. If he'd emailed it may now be his.

I've bought and sold dozens and dozens of cars too. Sometimes you put a car up at what you think is a genuinely decent price. You get a low ball offer and think 'No way! Joker!". A few weeks down the line though and what seemed like a ridiculously cheap offer now looks palatable as time is ticking and you want rid so you can move onto the next chapter.

Fair play to your son for being respectful, but there's nothing wrong with politely registering an interest and stating your figure. A seller can ignore it, accept it, or tell you to pee off. :grin:

Anyway, how about this one?

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=138395

I know this car well; it is an absolute peach of a car....

Seller said:
6 years worth of 'Porsche Post' magazines can also be included with the purchase for a small price if the buyer is interested.

Worth buying just for the mags :grin:

GLWS :thumb:

T8 said:
Sadly this ended up as a lose/lose result for a couple of Porsche enthusiasts.

It seems like the only winner were Ashgoods who probably made a few£k in a couple of days for doing very little. NB: There's no axe to grind with them. They are a business and, in this case, struck lucky.

^
Spot on!

Andy's car does indeed look lovely, and have already exchanged messages, however we already have two cars to look at this weekend... and could be in touch after.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccosh
Back