Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 order... What are your specs?

Had the car 3 weeks now! Opted to have PPF applied to the car before collection. Was done at at Topaz. Whilst it was there I had ceramics applied to the entire car inside and out. They will price match if you call them up. Was able to match the quote from a local detailer who I normally use. Was nearly a 40% reduction in the end :eek:

Weather has been pretty bad so I've only been able to put 550 miles on her so far. I've noticed the engine feels significantly looser and louder during the last drive. Not sure if this is because she's had 2 tanks of v-power through her or if its because the engine is starting to run in a little? No idea what the dealer put in her when I picked her up (there's a Tesco petrol station next door to the dealership). Maybe its both?

Really happy with the spec. The illuminated door sills are worth it IMO. Would deffo spec that again. The only thing I would change/add on the next one would be Surround Camera and 18 way memory seats. I've gotten too used to the mirror auto dipping in reverse and miss it! I'm absolutely loving the car. Looking for more excuses to drive atm!

Attachments

• 992_carrera_front__137.jpg
    992_carrera_front__137.jpg
    388.3 KB · Views: 8,961
  • 992_carrera_rear_132.jpg
    992_carrera_rear_132.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 8,960
  • doorsill_113.jpg
    doorsill_113.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 8,961
Fantastic, great colour. I was very torn between Agate and Midnight Blue.

I would be interested to know what you paid in the end from Topaz. They are quoting me for mine in a few weeks! I'll send you a DM.

Enjoy the car, it looks great.

Hi All

I'm a newbie owner .... very similar story to Neoto .... was planning my first foray into Porsche ownership via a new 992 Carrera however a chance drive by Portsmouth OPC over Christmas/New Year uncovered a very nearly new C2S with most of the options I wanted. In what seemed like a very quick decision (!) I ended up buying this one which I absolutely love.....enjoying the car and also investigating the great enthusiastic communities....

992 C2S
Agate Grey Metallic/Slate Grey with Crayon Stitching
RS Spyder 20"/21" wheels
LED Matrix PDLS lights
Sports exhaust in black
Front Axle lift
Sports seats electric/memory 14 way
Glass Sunroof
ParkAssist surround view camera
Bose
Leather Interior Package
Seat ventilation
Brake calipers in Black
Lane Change Assist
Privacy glass
Electric folding mirrors
Homelink
Steering Wheel heated

Attachments

• 992_c2s_full_142.jpeg
    992_c2s_full_142.jpeg
    518.6 KB · Views: 8,593
JeffersPJ I love the spec! There's a few options on your car that I wish I had on mine! I've told myself that I'll wait for the next one and get the all the options I want!

My car has landed! Better photos to follow...

Attachments

• f2f52f49_7b69_45f1_bff6_985cb59f82cb_110.jpeg
    f2f52f49_7b69_45f1_bff6_985cb59f82cb_110.jpeg
    246.7 KB · Views: 8,436
Looks great....are they ceramic brakes?

Awesome few cars added :thumbs:

Few more shameless photos..

Attachments

• 107cda61_f246_45ad_a9fe_458f0fe6e362_197.jpeg
    107cda61_f246_45ad_a9fe_458f0fe6e362_197.jpeg
    925.4 KB · Views: 7,961
  • 112fc49d_e32c_43b5_b0c5_877685344c63_690.jpeg
    112fc49d_e32c_43b5_b0c5_877685344c63_690.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7,961
That's a great looking car! Enjoy :)

Hi all,

I've been thinking strongly about getting a fairly proper 'base' Carrera.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PM46WUB2

I feel like this would be a great car for me and has everything I need. Budget wise I can't afford a higher spec and would prefer a new car rather than one of the cheaper 19 plate S models.

My rationale for the albeit minimal spec chosen:
I had a 981 in flat black and loved it and would at least partially PPF anyhow. Weekend car and i'm into detailing etc.
Mrs will also drive the car a bit, hate the faff with changing mirrors seats etc hence the 14 ways.
Finally I have allowed myself 1 luxury item in the glass sunroof. Found the cayman (and cars in general) very dark in the cabin and think this will sort it as well as opening it when weather allows.

(might add privacy glass-undecided)

Sound like a good idea / or am I missing something?

Does it sound like a good idea? It's a brilliant idea mate. Stripper 911s are really good. You are getting a lot of car for your money.

I would suggest only 2 things if I may. Consider adding Sport-Tex. Yes it also means, (if you want the memory seats) an additional £700 but, on a black on black car it will look sensational. Also, I note you like the silver stitch on the seats, (another reason to get sport-tex) so consider adding crayon seat belts. Yes I know, its another £300, but that tiny splash of colour will honestly make you smile every time you get in.

Yes, I just added £1000 to your build, but if I was you and I was looking at buying a car at the moment I would push my dealer for a very small discount that I be could equal at least £1000....

If you need a dealer that will 100% look after you, and maybe do a small discount, PM me I'll send you some details.

Tom

Neoto said:
Had the car 3 weeks now! Opted to have PPF applied to the car before collection. Was done at at Topaz. Whilst it was there I had ceramics applied to the entire car inside and out. They will price match if you call them up. Was able to match the quote from a local detailer who I normally use. Was nearly a 40% reduction in the end :eek:
As an aside, would be much obliged if you might PM me with details of who you would usually use and what the price was - I may well need to use the same tactics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back