Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 Sat Nav Updates

max_b

Monza
Are the maps 'over the air' on these or are they still traditional discs for map updates? Are live traffic updates also integrated?
And what's the latest map version available?

Many thanks

For 991.1 owners the update method is a disc and use of the Porsche main dealer software to control the process. Time wise it can take quite a few hours and be expensive as you are making use of one of their Service bays when you are plugged in. Circa £200-300+ dependent on OPC. I had mine updated at the selling OPC as part of the purchase price.

For 991.2 owners with the improved PCM the updates are free for the first 3 years and far easier as its done over the cars internet connection ( u have to plug a Sim in ) . If yours has not been updated even if its over 3 years old you may still be able to download the last ' free ' update specific to your car. ( This is how it works with other VAG group cars anyway, especially Audi ). If you want the latest maps, outside of the normal 3 years you can bet there will be an extra charge. Currently across the VAG range it differs, VW, Seat were free and Audi were charging last time I looked, but that was 2 years ago now.

I have live traffic updates on mine 991.1 but not sure if this remains linked or is different to the map data / extra expense. On our Audi that now has old maps we also continue to have live traffic updates, once again not sure what VAG group cars get and if these differ across internal brands.

Have a look at ' Accessories ' under the official Porsche website for Satnav updates and call a few different OPC's in your area ( they will all be different prices guaranteed ! ).

Hope that helps a little.

Jungle.

Jungle thank you for your reply and info

If its an OPC I go for, I will definately be asking for the update to be done prior to collection.

It sounds like for 991.2 they have got a similiar system to the BMW connected drive set up - next step will be to find out what the on going subscriptions will be once you pass 3 years

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ilovecars
Back