Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2001 C4 project car

'2 photos"

Nope, still looks pink. :grin:

Very cool though. As I said earlier I do like Rubystone. Just get ready for lots of 'Pink car!" jibes from anyone that isn't a Porsche nerd like us! Which is everyone in real life. :D

Good to see the progress though. You must be happy with that! 8)

Thats going to look the nuts!! :worship:

Forgive me for asking this if you have already told us but are you fitting some sort of body kit? GT3 or ducktail?

rdodger said:
Forgive me for asking this if you have already told us but are you fitting some sort of body kit? GT3 or ducktail?

If you have a look at the first page of the build you will see that the car was originally running an aerokit, so very similar to the one which was on the GT3 (I am led to believe the GT3 kit is a copy of the Carrera aerokit). I'll be keeping the front and rear bumpers and side skirts but I'm planning on going a little more dramatic on the rear wing, something more 'cup' like.

MC

Ah yes of course. It's been a while since I looked at the early pages.

I see you removed the foam insulation from the rear around the rear seat belt mounts. I don't suppose you still have the passenger side and want to get rid of it?

Doing a few little jobs before the engine is sealed up ready to go back in the car. IMS cover seal and o-ring. What a pain getting the o-ring out is!!

Cover has been popped off the bearing, it spins very smoothly and silently, all looking good so I'll be leaving well alone.

MC

Scavenge pump and camshaft end covers refitted on the engine. Also refitted spark plug tubes ready to fit the coils. Need to see if I have 6 which aren't cracked. Otherwise I'll replace them.

MC

MC

A few parts back from the trimmers. I did try to do these mysefl and they looked like a right dog's breakfast so I have decided to stick to doing very simple interior panels.

MC

wasz said:
MisterCorn said:

Ah brings back warm and fuzzy memories. That moment when you turn it by hand and it's smooth as butter. Lovely.

+1! :thumb:

Great video :thumb: Having the Engine on the Stand sure looks like it makes the Job much more accommodating..!!

MisterCorn said:

..and thank you for giving me my Daily Alcantara Fix..! :thumbs:

The re trim looks great. Where did you get those done?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back