Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Just added up my maintenance costs for last 7 years

hornet

Found myself with an hour or so free this afternoon so decided to work out the average annual maintenance costs for my Boxster.

Its a 2003, 986 S manual which I bought in January 2013 from Hartech who had just rebuilt the engine for the previous owner at 21,000 miles.

Total costs including tyres, servicing, MOT's and repairs come to £4,539 over the 7 years averaging £648 p.a. The only faults have been a broken amplifier (second hand unit sourced from eBay) and a broken ignition switch.

There have been no other costs that I can think of except the normal tax, Insurance, depreciation and fuel which I've excluded. Its just had a major service with new front pads and discs, spark plugs etc so fingers crossed the costs in the next two years will be minimal. Mileage wise its now on 47,000 but its been used almost daily for the last two years so will increase at a quicker rate.

When I bought it I was expecting the running costs to be higher but just goes to show if you are lucky and buy a well sorted example how reasonable they are to run especially given the enormous fun I've had in driving it.

That made for happy reading!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back