Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 (reps) seats

Thanks for the update mate! Looks brilliant, and good to hear the quality is good.

However, if you say they feel tight with a 28" waist, I've got no hope of fitting comfortably :nooo:

Pole Positions it is then!

Quick update. I had the car out for a run over one of my favourite roads. Helmsley to Stokesley. Awesome moorland blast.

The seat was a revelation. The difference over standard seats is incredible. I finally felt like I was sat in the car rather than on it. I always felt the hardback seats where to high. The way it holds you in the corners makes the connection so much higher. I can finally see the top of the dials too! They are a brilliant upgrade.

As for the GT shifter I got that from here:

https://car-bone.pl/shop/porsche-996-997-shifter-kit/

Not cheap. But a real thing of beauty.

Helmsley to Stokesley, aka the Yorkshire TT.
Great piece of road!
I used to do it on the bike a lot when I lived in Northallerton.

Do these rep seats have to ( or do they) meet any sort of approval? I'd assume TUV required for German market.

When I asked Design911 this question they stated that they had no approval, or have been subjected to any tests at all.

sackerley said:
Quick update. I had the car out for a run over one of my favourite roads. Helmsley to Stokesley. Awesome moorland blast.

The seat was a revelation. The difference over standard seats is incredible. I finally felt like I was sat in the car rather than on it. I always felt the hardback seats where to high. The way it holds you in the corners makes the connection so much higher. I can finally see the top of the dials too! They are a brilliant upgrade.

As for the GT shifter I got that from here:

https://car-bone.pl/shop/porsche-996-997-shifter-kit/

Not cheap. But a real thing of beauty.

That is not cheap! Does look lovely though.

Will add making one of those to the 'project' list...

Seats look great!

D911 is woeful.

There was a lengthy discussion about the quality of the D911 Seats, on here and PH as it goes. Uptake was a very well respected man that makes Pork race ready uses them and has no concerns over safety. I took the plunge off the back of all the chat.

I'd also read those discussions and felt they where safe to use. Obviously hence buying them!

My passenger seat has arrived so that another afternoon taking up with fitting it this weekend. I dare say it'll be a quicker process the second time around!

Question now is do I sell the hardbacks? Any idea what painted hardbacks would go for. Both in good condition.

^^^^^^This!

PopPopBangBang was the man in question, good enough for him, deemed good enough for everyone was my take home.

Must say I do wonder if I shouldn't have got the leather ones.

I recall that thread and even contributed to it :) Well, pays your Money takes your chances. I'd wonder what an Insurance company might make of it though.

D911 are a complete shower, gave them another chance a few weeks back but nothing had changed.

Back in the day on PH I originally registered as Richie200 and was quite heavily involved in that thread. I'm also involved in various NDT techniques on a daily basis in aviation (eddy current, x-ray, dye penetrant, thixotropic, MPI...). On this basis I can concur with the sentiments of Popbang... So much so in fact that I have a set of the D911 Carbon leather seats in my own 911. Meeting test standards is not always a good indicator of the best quality is all I'll say.

I think the point may be being missed. It seems one seat was tested in 2016 by a consumer with access to some test equipment. No testing by the manufacturer that they or the retailers can be bothered to mention so not sure how one could know the others off the production line months and years before and afterwards would meet the same standards. Obviously the manufacturer's processes are so consistently robust they remain a secret..or, no one is checking or cares enough perhaps.

Should the worst happen you'd imagine the Insurance company's engineer may notice this.

If your happy that's fine too. Rather have a Recaro with a sticker on it for less money personally.

I think it's you that is missing the point, did you not read the part about the FIA testing standards and how Recaro had a whole heap of seats recalled?

You seem to be dismissing the testing of the D911 seat and ignoring the issues Recaro had, if there standards were so consistently robust, why the recall?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back