Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Very sad day for me

wasz

Paul Ricard
After 7 years and lot of blood sweat and tears my 996 is going up for sale.

Any comments on the ad detail and pricing gratefully received.

Direct link to Pistonheads Advert removed by 911uk moderator. Sorry.

Thanks all for the support and knowledge you have kindly shared over the years.

Lots of detail in the ad, which is great to see. It sounds like the car has been a labour of love for you; plenty of work has gone in to it. Personally, I'd want to see a few more photos of the car as it is now, although the weather at the moment doesn't help. Good luck with the sale!

PS what is a bleb?

Counter Of Beans said:
PS what is a bleb?

Thanks more pics coming, I just wanted to get it up before weekend, clean polish and better pics tomorrow weather permitting. I can link to a google gallery of pictures of the work I've done and the car over the years.

Bleb = blister

"In medicine, a bleb is a blister (often hemispherical) filled with serous fluid. Blebs can form in a number of tissues due to different pathologies, including frostbitten tissues."

Just what I would call a little rust blister, the kind that doesn't need cutting out and welding, but will just be mechanically removed and filled before paint.

I am amazed that its only valued at £8750 thats a lot of 911 for that price even with 140k miles .GLWS :thumb:

wasz said:
Counter Of Beans said:
PS what is a bleb?

Thanks more pics coming, I just wanted to get it up before weekend.

Bleb = blister

"In medicine, a bleb is a blister (often hemispherical) filled with serous fluid. Blebs can form in a number of tissues due to different pathologies, including frostbitten tissues."

Just what I would call a little rust blister, the kind that doesn't need cutting out and welding, but will just be mechanically removed and filled before paint.

Learn something new everyday, think I shall call the wife "Bleb" from today.

Phil 997 said:
I am amazed that its only valued at £8750 thats a lot of 911 for that price even with 140k miles .GLWS :thumb:

Thanks!

Working back from some similar cars I've seen for £13k or so, mine has been self-serviced, has imperfect paint on one side and has the cat-d history.

I think its streets ahead of anything else sub £10k, so a firm hopefully get a buyer at a bad time of year, and a time when most people are tightening their belts.

wasz said:
Phil 997 said:

Thanks!

Working back from some similar cars I've seen for £13k or so, mine has been self-serviced, has imperfect paint on one side and has the cat-d history.

I think its streets ahead of anything else sub £10k, so a firm £8750 hopefully get a buyer at a bad time of year, and a time when most people are tightening their belts.

I recon it will sell quick at that price , a great project car for someone at that price . :thumb: :thumb:

Good luck with the sale... looks like a great, well-maintained car for someone. I hope you stick around, I've certainly valued your hints and tips when I've been embarking on my own modest DIY projects.

Looks well priced but taking pictures of a wet car really is not a good look! Needs at least 12 pics from all four sides and including at least a couple of interior pics too.

It can be nightmare at this time of year but try to take some time out of the weekend to get some pics under reasonable light and from a decent distance. Will really make all the difference!

Good luck with the sale.

wasz, Car looks great, and given the detail you supplied should add a fair degree of confidence to anyone who wants a 911 but is reluctant knowing of some of the horror stories, yet deep down still wants one..? Seems to me that it is priced to sell. Think a pic of the seats is important to give an idea of usage..? I do not think you will have it for much longer, and hope at some future time you might find your way back into Porsche, once the bug gets you it is like malaria, it keeps coming back. GLWS :thumb:

Hope you stick around mate as you have consistently contributed in a positive way on this forum. :thumb:

If your moving on then i for one will sorely miss your posts , you have a wealth of knowledge and it would be a dam shame for the forum to lose it .

I wish you all the very best though if you are off , it's been a pleasure young man .

Car seems too cheap to me !

Ah thanks everyone :thumbs:

I'm genuinely taking this like a personal trauma. I'm starting to grieve already, seriously I've weirdly grown very attached to an inanimate object that has required so much attention from me.

But life moves on, I don't really have the means to keep a second "toy" car (extra Insurance, garage rental maintenance etc), I don't think I'd drive it if I'm not going to work and back in it I just don't have time anymore, and the family needs an estate car.

The price boils down to the market at the moment, Cat-D albeit light with full evidence, and the imperfect paint. I don't believe in setting a high price and taking offers, I'd rather set a good price and stay firm.

Yep I think its too cheap for what you get but hey ho.

GLWS :thumb: A great purchase for someone

To echo the words of others, thanks for all your knowledgable input on the forum :worship:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back