Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mot and a couple of upgrades today

Brucey1

Car flew though it's mot today , not bad for a 19 year old car ! The rear discs were pretty worn but not a failure I replaced them anyway with brembo discs and pads .
I also had my steering wheel replaced with a 3 spoke wheel ( thanks Richard lee ), amazed with the difference it makes , it looks
much more modern than the four spoke one .
The best 'upgrade' however is new door panel pegs in the passenger door panel , I had the panel removed and re installed with new fixing pins the difference is amazing no more RATTLES 😀

Brucey1 said:
Car flew though it's mot today , not bad for a 19 year old car ! The rear discs were pretty worn but not a failure I replaced them anyway with brembo discs and pads .
I also had my steering wheel replaced with a 3 spoke wheel ( thanks Richard lee ), amazed with the difference it makes , it looks
much more modern than the four spoke one .
The best 'upgrade' however is new door panel pegs in the passenger door panel , I had the panel removed and re installed with new fixing pins the difference is amazing no more RATTLES 😀

By door panel pegs do you mean the small spring clips that hold the door panel in place?

I think so mate , mechanic ordered them from Porsche , think he said 10 of them . The door card kept popping out I would push it back in but after a few miles it would pop out again .
I think my car had new door handles fitted a few years ago I think the interior door panel was damaged then .

Talking of annoying rattles.... sort of... for years my car made a click sound when I went round corners. Sounded like it was coming from the drivers door. Lots of internet searching I found a known problem about the lining coming detached on the door - so I got all the bits I needed and was all ready to take the door apart.

At the last minute a decided to have one last look and found £1.20 stuck inside the seat next to the plastic panel (where the seat joins seat back and seat)... took that out - peace and quiet.

Reckon I had that clicking sound for a good couple of years!!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back