Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 (reps) seats

sackerley

I've been on this quest, I think there are several people that sell the same seat.

If you look over at ebay.de - there are several companies that sell the GT3 style seat for both 996 and 997 - they seem cheaper too.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Sportsitz-C...453819?hash=item46a6575c3b:g:mvwAAOSwjrFcNfYH

Also, the BBI side mounts are much better than the one's D911 and Porscheshop sell.

Having said all that, I have decided to go the Recaro Pole Position route - they were OE for 964 and 993 RS and are a proper manufactured seat with TUV approval

98C4S said:
I've been on this quest, I think there are several people that sell the same seat.

If you look over at ebay.de - there are several companies that sell the GT3 style seat for both 996 and 997 - they seem cheaper too.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Sportsitz-C...453819?hash=item46a6575c3b:g:mvwAAOSwjrFcNfYH

Also, the BBI side mounts are much better than the one's D911 and Porscheshop sell.

Having said all that, I have decided to go the Recaro Pole Position route - they were OE for 964 and 993 RS and are a proper manufactured seat with TUV approval

Worth noting that after customs gets involved it won't be cheaper via the eBay link.

I'd love a set of these, but the Mrs loves the heated seats too much!!

Jay. said:
98C4S said:
Worth noting that after customs gets involved it won't be cheaper via the eBay link.

Customs? from germany? well yes in a few days...

Thanks chaps. I've seen the ones on eBay and they don't really offer any saving once the delivery is added.

Interesting to know they could be the same seats as those at Design911. Others on here seem to rate them.

I do like the pole positions. But prefer the GT3 look. I'm not overly fussed on it been an option at the time. My cars a little different anyway. Half aero for example as I'm not keen on the rear spoiler.

I've got one ordered from the Porsche Shop. Driver side coming. I'll see how I feel about adding the passenger side later.

sackerley said:
I've got one ordered from the Porsche Shop. Driver side coming. I'll see how I feel about adding the passenger side later.

Which rails did you go for? I'd be interested to know your thoughts and how it all went together.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Uhm there are no customs and we wont just get them on the 31st.

If you message the seller, he will do a deal for a pair Inc shipping

98C4S said:

Can you run normal seat belts with them at the same time though?

Funny to hear the story about the fire, I was told the same thing back in May/June, yet they still appeared on their website for sale for quite some time afterwards. Despite me being told I had the last pair.

That is annoying that they've known about the fire for quite some time!

Never mind - it looks like the Porsche show one will be here tomorrow. Thats my weekend sorted!

I own a pair of the German seats which I bought second hand. The seller (an MX5 fanatic) and a person who "knows his stuff" told me that the German seats are manufactured by a company which owns the original plans/moulds used to manufacture the OE Porsche seats. I understand the Design911 seats are manufactured in the Far East. I am not in any way suggesting that one is better than the other, but it might be the case that the German seats are closer to the originals in terms of shape, size, etc. I was concerned that they would be too small for my growing rump (87 kilos and rising) but I find them to be quite comfortable.

I have also been on a fruitless hunt for seats from d911 these last few weeks and after being told they had some in stock and would send photos, I waited over a week to them hear they don't actually have any stock. No mention of a fire though. They said they could get me leather ones with a 12 week wait though

Will maybe give the German ones a go though, hadn't seen them before

So just got a reply from the German crowd on ebay, they've only one seat left in stock and won't be getting anymore in unfortunately.

So will wait to see what the quality is like of the ones from Porscheshop, sackerley if you can report back please that would be great!

Or may just go down the pole position route after all :?:

They've turned up and on first impression it looks good. There's a little distortion in the lower cushion. I doubt this would be noticeable when in the car. Otherwise great.

The mounts look solid too.

I'll get mounted tomorrow and take some pics.

sackerley said:
They've turned up and on first impression it looks good. There's a little distortion in the lower cushion. I doubt this would be noticeable when in the car. Otherwise great.

The mounts look solid too.

I'll get mounted tomorrow and take some pics.

Brilliant, good to know. Will look forward to pics then. Let us know how narrow they are also.

Thanks!

I've got the seat fitted. I took a while, easy getting the old one out. But for me at least swapping the runners over was fiddly!

All that's left to do is tidy the cables up underneath.

I've not had a good run out, just a Potter around the block. But first impressions are great. It feels quality. And it definitely makes you feel more connected to the car.

Re access there's no chance of getting in and out of the back. And generally getting in and out of the seat is a little more awkward.

I'm also a skinny *****, 5.10 28" waist and it fees snug to me.

All in I'm really pleased. I need to figure out if I want to swap the passenger side too.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back