Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Service Advice

mikeluke

Mugello
What is the consensus on the following?

Service light come on the 981S - service due in 6 days

Car is 981 Boxster S - 2016

First service was at 3K miles in March 2018 - OPC Guildford

Car has now done 8K miles - I have taken out extended Porsche warranty

Should I get the service done at OPC - mine is Reading and I am not a big fan of them TBH - or Indy - mine is Northway Porsche - done quite a big of work on previous cars and they are good guys.

Do I suck it up and go for the OPC or do I go down the Indy route?

Views appreciated

Thanks

I would personally go to an OPC , especially with warranty on . You can do Swindon or Bristol if not happy with Reading. Just my view..

OPC if you have a Porsche warranty, you get a 'free" Porsche to drive around in whilst they do it but usually have to book well in advance :thumb:

OPC if you want to renew the extended warranty .. Indy if not .

If you go with Indy then they have to use genuine Porsche parts or Porsche might quibble on an engine claim .

If your in that area there is always Brooklands if you want to keep it in the OPC fold .

Looks like it will have to be Reading - :evil:

Everything else is too far out of my way

Just got off the phone to Reading...

Major service plus MOT ...

£1487!

I am awaiting the breakdown of costs, as there are some things like a brake fluid change in there too - another question - could I split it? Get the OPC to do the bits which are really part of the service and get the indy to do the rest?
£1500 sounds like they are taking the pi$$ to me

I am thinking to get the indy to do the plugs and BF change at least

Thanks

Mike

Attachments

• service_box_906.png
    service_box_906.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 3,045
mikeluke said:
Just got off the phone to Reading...

Major service plus MOT ...

£1487!

I am awaiting the breakdown of costs, as there are some things like a brake fluid change in there too - another question - could I split it? Get the OPC to do the bits which are really part of the service and get the indy to do the rest?

£1500 sounds like they are taking the pi$$ to me

Thanks

Mike

Seems a lot vs £315 + VAT at Northway... even making some ambitious assumptions about how many hours work, labour cost plus the oil and filter costs.

If you particularly want to keep the OPC for the absolute minimum needed to get the stamp, use Northway for everything else.

Did a quick check at work on costs versus OPC on this.. we come in at about £850 for that work .. every Indy will be similar i expect .

Trouble is if you want to extend the warranty again .. needs to be OPC as far as i'm aware or they will expect a major service along with the 111 point check to grant you another year or two .

OPC or slush fund basically but if it helps .. other than the occasional PDK box fault i've not seen any real problems with these ..

Mind you this has happened .. not warranty though ..

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=135710

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back