Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted - 996.2 GT3 wheels

98C4S

Does anyone have a set in any condition?

Thanking you

There were a couple of sets on Ebay when I was looking at 996 wheels last week... c.£2.5k.

They've been on sale over a year.

They come up privately for much less

what car you are looking for?

I sold mine for £1500 the other month. Very clean with a couple of marks etc but no curbing and I also threw in the genuine GT3 scripted caps as they matched the wheel colour (gunmetal grey).

That's about the right price. Had a few messages over about a week but wasn't inundated.

The wheels on my car now were bought by a mate a year or so ago, fully refurbed and perfect for £1600. So again about right.

No harm in folk asking whatever they want but, unless a buyer is in a desperate hurry I can't see anyone paying £2500 etc.

They are for a 996 C2 3.6

I saw your set for £1500 which I thought was reasonable given the condition and what they came with.

There's a very nice set in Germany with newish tyres for 2k Euro, but I'm not sure how to get them over.

HCS911 has a set for 2.5k. 9apart for £2150

I'd be happy to pay up to 1500 locally or a bit less if they need a refurb

They don't seem to sell when they start with a £2.. I could be wrong, but the ones on Ebay have been there for a very long time.

I suppose there are different levels of quality that people find acceptable.

I personally wouldn't call this a top refurb

Attachments

• img_20200116_wa0009_262.jpg
    img_20200116_wa0009_262.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,620
  • img_20200116_wa0008_114.jpg
    img_20200116_wa0008_114.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 1,620
are you looking on only 996 gt3 or 997 gt3 would be ok with you?

if so WSP ITALY made replicas/OEM specification you will have new wheels W1052 model,

2nd set are widebody so a little bit rarer than the Gt3, that's fair enough I think.

Theres a difference between asking and getting. Ive sold my fair share of wheels and once things are above £1500 they are hard to sell generally regardless of spec rarity as there are so many choices these days.

I like the Gt3's but don't see how they command such a premium over the normal wheels. As far as I know there quite heavy as well.

coullstar said:
I like the Gt3's but don't see how they command such a premium over the normal wheels. As far as I know there quite heavy as well.

I think it's because if you own a GT3 and you ding a wheel, you need to get another GT3 wheel. If you're competing with people who want them as an oe 'upgrade", demand (and need) exceeds supply.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back