Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Turbo/Turbo S exhaust note.....

AA3751

Bought a 911.2 C2S and had a Turbo 911.2 as a courtesy car for a while. I've got to say my C2S exhaust note sounds so so much better!

If I was spending £130k+ on a Turbo/S I would be extremely disappointed in the exhaust. Aftermarket isn't an option if wanting to keep warranty in tact

Why does it sound so bad?? Has really put me off upgrading to one in the future......

Will the 992 sounds any better??

It's been done to death on here but basically the combination of turbo's and cats dampen the exhaust note on a turbo.
You can't beat a n/a for exhaust note tbf. Euro 4, 5 ,6 etc is forcing smaller engines with turbo's. Porsche have worked on exhaust note with the new 3.0 turbo stuff. They sound pretty good tbh.
But you're right, the bad boy turbo models sound 5hite. I run a catless Kline full system on mine and it sounds great on the gas.

Run a Europipe 50 cel on 991.2 turbo. Sounds savage. Goes even more savagely. Almost jumped out the seat first time it was so loud! Easy fix.

Car under manufacturers warranty and we have had no problem at all with warranty work. I suspect they will baulk at extending but to be honest the cars bullet proof so won't bother with extended warranty ;)

Certainly I'd pick one over a C2S or a 992 C2/4S - no brainer. Just look at it.

Attachments

• 955ce6f2_7491_4e24_9bbc_bf117a377b0b_183.jpg
    955ce6f2_7491_4e24_9bbc_bf117a377b0b_183.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,665
I drove a 991.2 Carrera T with sports exhaust and to be honest it didn't sound anything special.
It think the sound of TTS suits the car -its muffled for sure but you can hear some of the flat 6 unique sound and it has the "distant artillery fire" popping which I love.
There are videos of a Quicksilver equipped 991.2 (Dr Alex and SoL)which sounds very loud if that's your thing

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back