Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche warranty on a 2015 991.1 GTS 2 PDK

Gazc2 said:
T8 said:
All require a 111 point inspection beforehand. The official cost = £180 + VAT but this can be negotiated.

They charge you £200 for an inspection just so they can then remove another copious amount from your wallet :eek: :nooo:

I paid £150 for my inspection (regular customer/PCGB discount) and they found a leaking rad. This was replaced foc under the existing warranty.

By renewing the warranty for 2 years I won't have to pay for a mid-term 111 point check so I thought it was £150 well spent.

leasky said:
Can I ask if anyone knows the cost of the OPC warranty?

Oh, and another relevant point here- and a total deal breaker for me:-

If you take the Porsche extended warranty, you are not allow to modify your car at all. It MUST remain Porsche standard.

T8 said:
Gazc2 said:
T8 said:
All require a 111 point inspection beforehand. The official cost = £180 + VAT but this can be negotiated.

They charge you £200 for an inspection just so they can then remove another copious amount from your wallet :eek: :nooo:

I paid £150 for my inspection (regular customer/PCGB discount) and they found a leaking rad. This was replaced foc under the existing warranty.

By renewing the warranty for 2 years I won't have to pay for a mid-term 111 point check so I thought it was £150 well spent.

Surely if its still under an existing warranty can you not ask for it to be given a once over before you renew as part of the warranty ? I don't disagree if the car didn't have an existing warranty

Gazc2 said:
Surely if its still under an existing warranty can you not ask for it to be given a once over before you renew as part of the warranty ?

It doesn't work like that. Part of the warranty renewal process is having a fully documented 111 point check done.

Porsche need to do it as part of the application process to the warranty company as although it's the 'official warranty' it's actually bought in from a third party - currently Real Garant Versicherung AG.

Most OPCs offer a free 'once over' or 'Health Check' as they call it during the course of the year.

spongebob squarepants said:
EDIT. The car btw, the jewel in the 911 crown :worship:

Yeah, they're OK. :grin:

i have the same car, albeit April 2015 and 30k on the clock. I will be doing considerably more miles per annum so will be taking the OPC extended warranty when mine is up in October.

Gents, thank you all for the replies.

I shall continue the OPC warranty come July this year, however my only caveat is using Porsche Aberdeen. Can I ask any of the Scottish brethren of their experiences with Porsche Perth, Edinburgh or Glasgow? I would rather drive south 100 miles then use OPC Aberdeen.

Colin.

I'm from Sussex, so couldn't be much further away, but my car came from Scotland, and was serviced and warranties at Perth, rather than locally in Edinburgh, if that counts for anything. I am lead to believe Perth are lovely.

leasky said:
Windy101 said:
Who is your trusted independent garage in Aberdeen?

I have been using a certain mechanic at Bavaria Auto Verk. I know some people have had other experiences with them as a garage but I have never had a challenge with the chap who works on my cars.

I have heard mixed reviews, but its good to hear from somebody that's happy.

Some pretty mixed reviews in this thread on the PCGB website

https://www.porscheclubgb.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1047216#msg1047817

And agree with some of the comments in as much as they are murder at calling you back both the parts and service department, although once I have had the car in the garage I have found the guys to be good and helpful, I have dealt with Nicola (service manager)who again once you get hold of her is fine.

They have worked on both my turbo and 924s with no problems

I have used Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Perth OPC for service and warranty work on my GT3. I have been best looked after by Perth.

Windy101 said:
I have used Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Perth OPC for service and warranty work on my GT3. I have been best looked after by Perth.

Thank you for this; very good to know.

leasky said:
Windy101 said:

Thank you for this; very good to know.

No problem . If you want any more info let me know.

I personally will have an OPC warranty for the very valid points people have contributed.

leasky said:
Gents, thank you all for the replies.

I shall continue the OPC warranty come July this year, however my only caveat is using Porsche Aberdeen. Can I ask any of the Scottish brethren of their experiences with Porsche Perth, Edinburgh or Glasgow? I would rather drive south 100 miles then use OPC Aberdeen.

Colin.

Presumably you know this but your OPC warranty is valid in any OPC. I have always extended it on my 997 Turbo and have enjoyed the flexibility of using the 3 centres close to me (Hatfield, Silverstone and Cambridge). Over the years they've all been good/rubbish for different reasons but any warranty work was always completed with no problem. I had a double oil leak (both minor) a couple of years ago and the bill was over £5k - covered entirely by the warranty.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back