Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Glacier White 996.1 GT3 Aero Kit 1999

Christ if I wasn't in the same position as your Bro, I'd be all over this car! Absolutely love it!

Great reason to let it go, GLWS.

Thanks, It's not going to be easy watching this drive away, I've already got trips planned in the 996 and bugs me that It could be gone sooner rather than later however really pleased to see them casually looking into options moving forward.

JBianchi PM replied,

Update,

Sad day for me and cars today!, the White 996 has found it's new owner and couldn't have sold it to a nicer guy, Local to me being 20 mins up the road and a member of 911uk too so really pleased, hoping to catch up with Dan when I do replace it and go for a drive out together :thumb:

I hope I've got first dibs if it does come back on the market too haha! (please :) )

Thanks for all the good comments guys and I will be back in a 911 soon I hope, I feel even after a fairly short ownership of this fine example It felt like an extension from my last one, even the guy that came to inspect it for Dan commented on how nice it was,

Cheers

:eek: :what:

You can console yourself with the knowledge that you are doing a very kind thing for your brother and his family, if I wore a hat I would tip it in respect to you young man :thumb:

Don`t be a stranger on here, you`re always welcome in my book :grin:

Thanks mate, true and honestly yes It has opened the door for them now, they are viewing something Tuesday! I told them to get looking so I can have it back quicker haha :p

Cheers :thumbs:

Well done on the sale Jay
I know that can't have been easy (beautiful car) but a lovely thing you're doing for your bro :worship:

Hopefully see you back in Porsche (911) ownership in the not too distant future :thumbs:

Nice to hear my old car continues on its 911uk journey. Lovely looking and sounding car!!

Hope the new owner enjoys, I remember putting all that service history file together!!

Hi Jimmy, Yeah still remains 911uk car!

I added 4-5 new invoices to that lot!, happy to report all still in date order :D

Cheers
J

Congratulations all round I guess.

JM30 said:
Hi Jimmy, Yeah still remains 911uk car!

I added 4-5 new invoices to that lot!, happy to report all still in date order :D

Cheers
J

Think I'll be next in line behind you to have it back maybe when/if it comes available again.
Just seen what you have spent, should be well sorted now!!

Good evening all

Really pleased to have got my hands on this lovely 996. Big thanks to Jay for a) letting it go (i know it was painful!) and b) making it a smooth buying/selling process. It's clearly a car that's been cherished through its life, amazing history file and money spent in the right areas. My plans are to keep up this maintenance and improve a couple of areas that need some attention, nothing major but things to keep on top of. And above all, drive it as much as possible! Previous to this I owned a 996 C4S, you can really feel the difference between the two cars, the early C2 feeling more sprightly and alive in my opinion which is exactly what I was looking for.

I shall probably start my own thread to document my progress. Watch this space!

Dan

Evening Dan,

Thanks, and likewise mate pleasure to deal with and first to see!, you have got a cracker of a 996, pleased I can hopefully get out for a hoon with you too!, I look forward to seeing your own progress tread on the forum and in the flesh no doubt :thumbs:

Cheers again,

J

Good result for you JM. Good luck with future plans and hopefully we'll see you back on here at some point. :thumb:

Nice one Wellsy, you've got a pretty special example there. Looking forward to any future updates. Enjoy. 8)

That is a kind thing you have done for your family and the new owner seems pleased as well. Great work! :thumbs:

Thanks buddy, Yeah couldn't have asked for a smoother quicker sale really, once decision is made I felt It had to be done! Can't wait to get back into a 911 I'm already missing the thought of driving it,

TV8 Cheers mate, Yeah I get a buzz that the new owner is chuffed with it too,

:thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reesy
Back