Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Garage door opener (home link)

PanozGTR

Silverstone
Do I need to have the garage door opener control in the car after it has been programmed with the garage door, or can it be left at home :?:

Once the homelink has been programmed that replaces the need for the remote controller in the car as the car is acting as a new one :thumb:

Thanks Zingari. I just need to get it setup.

PanozGTR said:
Thanks Zingari. I just need to get it setup.

And that could be the hard bit. From memory I 'treated' the car as a new remote control the main unit needed to learn. So on the main unit I pressed for 'pairing' and then held the relevant Homelink button in the car.

All that bollocks about pointing an existing remote control to the front of the car and presseing the Homelink button at the same time didn't work for me.

Ooh Eer I'll keep you posted.

I have the Homelink system installed, so I don't have to take a controller or a remote with me. This system substitutes all the other devices. It is very convenient, easy to use, and it takes only a few steps to install. I had a problem at one point with the garage door opener (MOD EDIT link removed) I highly recommend the Homelink system because it innovative, and it saves you time and money.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back