Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fearnsport Turbo build

MisterCorn said:
Good stuff. Parked up next to my turbo I see.

MC

Wondered if that was yours MC, both of them are sitting a bit high at the back!

So i finally got some SRM fuel rails, I think Sean has some serious issues, after he mailed my parcel to the wrong address, i had to wait for it to be returned to him, even then he went incommunicado so i had to get a paypal refund via dispute! Eventually I got some unused new second hand ones, so worked out better in the end I guess... though i think its took 4 months!

Anyway, it's back up for sale if anyone is interested 27k, receipts for 42k so far. if no buyer i'll continue.

SRM fuel system is up for sale, however i might use it yet - the dual walboro's people use have a habit of draining the basket, but mine is a single brushless pump with variable rate, so i dont think i would have that problem. Also less heat, i don't want some big pumps constantly running.

Attachments

• img_20191108_101316_163.jpg
    img_20191108_101316_163.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 4,776
It's happening, engine now in!

Attachments

• img_20200113_wa0037_711.jpg
    img_20200113_wa0037_711.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 4,379
Still next to mine then. Both even higher at the back. :floor:

MC

Nice to see it looking so complete! MC yours must be close too?

MisterCorn said:

MC

Think I ended up with your rails MC, my SRM rails fitted better on yours or something, either way, I know he's don't a good job on both.

sim996 said:
MisterCorn said:

MC

Think I ended up with your rails MC, my SRM rails fitted better on yours or something, either way, I know he's don't a good job on both.

Yes, mine fitted better on your engine, and yours better on mine :)

MC

sim996 said:
SRM fuel system is up for sale, however i might use it yet - the dual walboro's people use have a habit of draining the basket, but mine is a single brushless pump with variable rate, so i dont think i would have that problem. Also less heat, i don't want some big pumps constantly running.

Ive not got to the bottom of the issue with the SRM fuel pumps. I think it could be the the fuel basket leaks. If the engine is shut off when the fuel level is below 1/4 tank and left off for a few minutes the car then will not start. There is no fuel pressure and you can hear the pumps running dry. If you turn it off and restart within a minute it will fire back up. Also I have never run out of fuel while the engine is running. Only ever if I turn off then after a few minutes it won't restart.
The wiring kit is shocking. The relays melted on mine so I ended up swapping the electric kit. The fuel rails are the only part of the kit worth using. The rest is American grade crap.
Matt has a good idea I think which involves doing away with the intake pump(s) and using an inline pump. That is what I'd do next. Possibly something I might as Matt to do in the future. It seems silly me carrying 1/4 a tank of fuel that can never be used.

Wow. Long build.

I'm pleased it's making good progress now. :thumb:

911tom said:
sim996 said:

Ive not got to the bottom of the issue with the SRM fuel pumps. I think it could be the the fuel basket leaks. If the engine is shut off when the fuel level is below 1/4 tank and left off for a few minutes the car then will not start. There is no fuel pressure and you can hear the pumps running dry. If you turn it off and restart within a minute it will fire back up. Also I have never run out of fuel while the engine is running. Only ever if I turn off then after a few minutes it won't restart.
The wiring kit is shocking. The relays melted on mine so I ended up swapping the electric kit. The fuel rails are the only part of the kit worth using. The rest is American grade crap.
Matt has a good idea I think which involves doing away with the intake pump(s) and using an inline pump. That is what I'd do next. Possibly something I might as Matt to do in the future. It seems silly me carrying 1/4 a tank of fuel that can never be used.

To me it sounds like your pumps are on all the time, you should just run one with the second activated by a Hobbs switch. That said you're right, Matt asked me to sell mine and use either side of the saddle tank with an external inline pump, but I've asked for quiet brushless pumps, so they're variable and above all else, quiet, as mine is a road car.

sim996 said:
To me it sounds like your pumps are on all the time, you should just run one with the second activated by a Hobbs switch. That said you're right, Matt asked me to sell mine and use either side of the saddle tank with an external inline pump, but I've asked for quiet brushless pumps, so they're variable and above all else, quiet, as mine is a road car.

No because I can remove the fuse on either pump and it is exactly the same. I've even opened the top of the tank when the level is below a 1/4 and seen the basket is empty. I'd go with Matts advise. I know he can be very blunt with his advise at times and I can imagine exactly how that conversation went! Thing is he's usually right. I might be unlucky with my SRM kit but who knows.

Great work

I had ordered the stage 2 SRM kit from Sean, this was not up to the task, went stage 3 but 9e had to modify the rails further to deliver what was required

Ken was also not satisfied with some of the fixings as quality was below par for what we required

I had no issues at the time with Sean

Keep the updates coming after such a long time, excitement must be mounting now ?

FRP said:
Great work

I had ordered the stage 2 SRM kit from Sean, this was not up to the task, went stage 3 but 9e had to modify the rails further to deliver what was required

Ken was also not satisfied with some of the fixings as quality was below par for what we required

I had no issues at the time with Sean

Keep the updates coming after such a long time, excitement must be mounting now ?

Faried do you have the same issue I have when the fuel level goes down below 1/4 tank?

Hi Tom

Not that i am aware of

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back