Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

my new 997.2

Since I posted an update in late Nov, the car's been back at the dealer I bought it from (for nearly 3 weeks - don't ask) and also been to Northway Porsche near Reading to have some of the bits fixed.

I thought I would do an update in case anyone had a similar issue/s.

Rattle

After driving it quite a bit, I realised that I could make the rattle appear at certain RPMs with the clutch in or out - not the gearbox - phew. The symptoms were metallic vibration noise when decelerating down from about 3000 - 1500rpm with gear engaged. Same noise when revving and revs dropping between around 2400 - 2000 rpm

Northway diagnosed it as some loose baffles in the driver's side exhaust muffler and is not really a big problem at all :thumbs:

Brake lines

These definitely needed changing so now I have a new set of rear brake lines, including the one which needed the gearbox out - I changed my clutch too. They said it's pretty rare for these brake lines to corrode but it might be worth anyone with 'seaside' cars just having a quick look over theirs, just in case.

I also got my coolant crossover pipes changed too

All in all, quite a bit of work for a relatively new (to me) car. The dealer got quite a bit of work done on it before I bought it to so for now I'm happy I've got a relatively sorted car and hopefully that will be it for a while!

Northway were great, really happy to talk and show you around the car and had time to talk on the phone as well. They also picked up some extra work for me too. I would definitely recommend them

Thanks for updating :thumb:

Now we just need some dry days....

There are a few niggles I have with the car which I would like to sort out, the first of which was the corroded wheel bolts. I followed the guide here http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=101123 and I think they've come out really nicely. It was also pretty simple to do and cost about £5!

However, a couple of the bolts came out like the picture below. Not sure if they need replacing or not??

oh and it is the same car, the platinum silver metallic looks totally different in different light :)

Attachments

• wheels_294.jpg
    wheels_294.jpg
    954 KB · Views: 1,122
  • side_486.jpg
    side_486.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,122
  • bolt_207.jpg
    bolt_207.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,120
I like these wheels....there quite different but OEM...I'd think about keeping them on...or if you change to 19"'s keep them to put back on at some stage.

villaman said:
I like these wheels....there quite different but OEM...I'd think about keeping them on...or if you change to 19"'s keep them to put back on at some stage.

Fuch inspired, no doubt. I'd keep 'em on and lower the car with some springs. Nice car :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back