Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Body repairs around Cirencester

hermes

Spa-Francorchamps
Does anyone have first hand experience of any body shops near Cirencester/Swindon?

I have a small hole behind the oil tank that needs cutting out and re-patching, so not a complex job, but I'd rather go with a recommendation.

So, guessing that's a no then!

Lowering the bar, does anyone have direct experience of a mobile welder in the Swindon/Cirencester area who would be good for a small repair job.

Thanks again.

I'm based in Oxfordshire, but my 964 bodywork was done in Essex!.

I do have a chap in Grove that is working on a BMW Classic car for me that I would trust ( but didn't know was available at the time for my 964). Probably too far for you.

His business is NA Paintworks, name is Nigel. PM me if you want his number.

Thanks for the info. I've already cut out the problem area and fabricated a new piece, I'm just hoping to find an experienced welder to come and weld it in. Probably a 20 minute job!

hermes said:
Thanks for the info. I've already cut out the problem area and fabricated a new piece, I'm just hoping to find an experienced welder to come and weld it in. Probably a 20 minute job!

If you've managed to get that far you may as well weld it yourself!.....

Goodluck :thumb:

Did you find anywhere?

I've got an old 70s car I could do with taking somewhere, I'm in Witney so any recommendations would be good.

There's a place called Rally Preperation Services which seem to have a good rep, but I don't know anyone who has any first hand experience.

https://rpsrally.com/

Jay. said:
Did you find anywhere?

I've got an old 70s car I could do with taking somewhere, I'm in Witney so any recommendations would be good.

There's a place called Rally Preperation Services which seem to have a good rep, but I don't know anyone who has any first hand experience.

https://rpsrally.com/

As above, Nigel @ NA Paintworks. Though I think he's off for a couple weeks as having a minor knee op - he's blaming on my car!...

PM me if you need details.

Stimpy said:
hermes said:

If you've managed to get that far you may as well weld it yourself!.....

Goodluck :thumb:

It may come to that, but I'm hoping to avoid the 'all the gear, no idea" scenario.....

It might be a bit of a trek, but I can highly recommend Andy Mitchell

https://www.mitchellmotors.co.uk/

It's worth the trip just to see what else in the workshop. Last time I was there he was building a Bristol 450 Le Mans car, a rather nice 287 Shelby Cobra push a few Ferrari and Astons lying around having work. He has done all the work on mind (rusty windscreen panels) and it was perfect.

If you want it done correctly Andy is you man.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back