Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted - metropole blue sports seats 996

nickyg63

Nurburgring
Hi, anyone know of a reasonably priced pair of sports seats? for a 996

Many thanks
Nick

I have a set I was going to have retrimmed.

I have a pair that I'm willing to part with, only caveat is that they're located in Sweden and might be a bit expensive to ship.

In really good nick, if you ask me. Only issue is some superficial wear on the left hand side seat. Was removed from my car after roughly 80000 km and are heated.

Attachments

• img_25122019_004149_1080_x_1920_pixel_871.jpg
    img_25122019_004149_1080_x_1920_pixel_871.jpg
    637.4 KB · Views: 2,157
  • img_25122019_004118_1080_x_1920_pixel_162.jpg
    img_25122019_004118_1080_x_1920_pixel_162.jpg
    660.3 KB · Views: 2,157
:eek: I'm surprised there's not more offering up the Moody Blue interior although I suppose it's the air cooled stuff especially the dash that divides opinion.

I think Jonttt has a load he wants to offload :dont know:

Failing that if you nip round the back of the Classic Parts Warehouse in Stuttgart next to the skip containing the excess Suicide Savannah hides you'll find the Beelzebub Blue bin :thumb:

Zingari said:
:eek: I'm surprised there's not more offering up the Moody Blue interior although I suppose it's the air cooled stuff especially the dash that divides opinion.

Failing that if you nip round the back of the Classic Parts Warehouse in Stuttgart next to the skip containing the excess Suicide Savannah hides you'll find the Beelzebub Blue bin :thumb:

Haha, thanks for the reply! I think the colour is always a personal opinion, i looked at a 996 with red leather thinking id change it and i actually quite liked it!! I dont want to sell a kidney to buy a set aswell, something will turn up. I have a few options already.

Merry Christmas

nickyg63 said:
Zingari said:

Haha, thanks for the reply! I think the colour is always a personal opinion, i looked at a 996 with red leather thinking id change it and i actually quite liked it!! I dont want to sell a kidney to buy a set aswell, something will turn up. I have a few options already.

Merry Christmas

I have a set in my newly acquired 996 that I would possibly sell. I am just looking at bucket seat options but will let you know once I decide. The problem is, what will black bucket seats look like in blue interior? :?:

POSW996 said:
nickyg63 said:
Zingari said:

Merry Christmas

I have a set in my newly acquired 996 that I would possibly sell. I am just looking at bucket seat options but will let you know once I decide. The problem is, what will black bucket seats look like in blue interior? :?:

Hi thanks for the reply, my main reason is blue seats is what i have already and the black seats won't match the rear blues? Another reason is the seats i have are heated and i am hoping to swap over the heated sections to the new seats.

I could be interested in your black seats, are they heated?

I am happy to work around your timescale, im not in a rush

Many thanks
Nick

You can swap the heating elements over. Might as well change seat foams at the ssme time. You will also need the wiring looms from the bottom of the seats, they are expensive. It is a pig of a job though, I did a video on it if you are interested.

I have a spare pair of very good heated sports seats, I'll check if they are blue or black as I can't remember, I only bought them for the wiring looms.....

MC

MisterCorn said:
You can swap the heating elements over. Might as well change seat foams at the ssme time. You will also need the wiring looms from the bottom of the seats, they are expensive. It is a pig of a job though, I did a video on it if you are interested.

I have a spare pair of very good heated sports seats, I'll check if they are blue or black as I can't remember, I only bought them for the wiring looms.....

MC

Thanks, being a fellow Nottingham dweller this could work out nice!

Unfortunately these are black, but they are in good condition and heated.

MC

As the pics above illustrate, 996 metropole blue is only a very subtle difference to black. Earlier air-cooled models used a more vibrant blue.

OP you could get black seats recoloured to MB easily enough, although it's a bit more faff and expense. There's a MB pair on eBay now for £750 plus £50 post but they look more worn than the ones offered to you on this post, item 323973631847

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back