Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

General buying advice

balcairn

Trainee
So started to think about a car that's slightly less practical (owned a Caterham which was fun) and started looking at this marque. Thought about the cayman then thought for that one day of year in scotland it is sunny be nice with no roof :D Looked at boxster and then you add on a little bit more and more you go into 911 territory - easily done!

So started looking and 997.2 as i fancy something bit newer and plan is to keep car long time or until starts giving grief... Ideally want to go with OPC for 2 year comfort and first one that caught my eye was a viper green S which bring me to a few questions:

High mileage doesn't seem to be seen as problem (45k) if maintained correctly and full history of that in evidence from reading other threads?
I guess this car (below) is cheaper (just reduced nearly 4k) due to miles and the marmite type colour (i can see a lot hating it). Anyone had experience of paint sample flat and any particular challenges. I would more than likely get car ppf again thinking to long term.

https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en_GB/911-Carrera-S-Cabriolet-108249

So spent way more time than is sensible convincing myself of every single type of 911 and think I have landed on 911.1 Carrera s cab. The car is a great price, had 111 point check nov 19 (I have report), 11 month warranty left, tyres 6mm depth , new disk/pads. I also did an hpi check and all good.

Anything else to check as it just seems to good to be true- not car in original link :)

If it has 11m warranty and a recent 111 point check, not a lot to worry about, as log as HPi checks out.

balcairn said:
The car is a great price, had 111 point check nov 19 (I have report), 11 month warranty left, tyres 6mm depth , new disk/pads. I also did an hpi check and all good.

Anything else to check as it just seems to good to be true- not car in original link :)

Sounds good :thumb:

When you say it is at a great price, I am curious about why that might be. It is difficult for us to compare it given the limited info, so can you elaborate on how you determined that? Low spec often has a big effect on desirability / price.

Looks nice, reasonable mileage and has a pretty good spec, hopefully it has most / all of the options you want.

I am not terribly close to the Cab prices, perhaps others can advise. Compared to Coupes from a general dealer and with a years OPC warranty it's a tad more than where I would expect it to be. So maybe it's about right for a Cab?

Enjoy the ride! :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back