Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Upgrades

Jimbob2911

Evening
After 6 months of the Turbo X50 I have bee
n looking at a few upgrades. I have on the list

Inconel 100 Cel Kline exhaust
Forge Actuators
Forge Recirculation Valve
Remap - Not sure which to go with. Experiences appreciated.
997 gt2rs intercooler.

I think that should then do it.

Any thoughts from you all would be appreciated

Thanks

I have an x50 and those mods aparts from the 9e switchable exhaust, which is jekel and Hyde. I have the map as sorted for me by 9e, whatever that is. I also have a 5bar fpr and bigger throttle body/plenum. How it all works together I have no idea, sorry, but it just does - brilliantly. And has done for years. Car was simply transformed. I can highly recommend.

Although having said all that, I have now been wondering whether to go back to 9e for an environmentally friendly option against buying a Taycan. I.e. upgrade my car to Taycan power and save the planet by not buying a new car. Man maths at their finest.

OutofOffice said:
Although having said all that, I have now been wondering whether to go back to 9e for an environmentally friendly option against buying a Taycan. I.e. upgrade my car to Taycan power and save the planet by not buying a new car. Man maths at their finest.

:floor: the amount of miles we all cover in our toys the co footprint must be much smaller!

Back to the mods. One of the first walls you'll hit which will limit the power you can reach will be the injectors. They max out very quickly and become the limiting factor. Swapping there regulator for a 5 bar will add some scope. Ideally though fit bigger injectors.
The other thing to think about is the clutch if this is a manual car. Tiptronic is good as is. If you push the limit at 3.8bar fuel then a standard clutch will probably be okay for some time. If you are hitting 550hp then you'll need an upgraded clutch. Best to discuss this all with your tuner.

Bigger throttle body and plenum will not hurt but probably won't bring much to table re added numbers.
9e switchable as sadly no longer available.

Nice to see a tuning thread for these cars. Reminds me of the good ol days on this forum.

I can't speak of the Kline exhaust for the Turbo but I've driven behind this one...

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1511576&highlight=#1511576

Titanium so amazingly light. Also alarmingly loud which may be good or bad depending on your point of view but I'm pretty damned sure they let the turbos breath MUCH easier!

That sounds like you're going to have one hell of a car soon!

I'd be interested to see your feedback on who you go with for tuning.

Ken at 9e seems to be popular on here. I've heard good things about Marski on the Facebook community side of things. Neither have a good thing to say about each other unfortunately.

as you are in Brize I would go and see Matt at Fearnsport I cant speak for anyone else but I have 110% faith in Matt he is very good mechanic engineer, tuner,I am sure there would be plenty of others on the forum who would chime in as well

Jay. said:
I've heard good things about Marski on the Facebook community side of things. Neither have a good thing to say about each other unfortunately.

Everyone is a 'hero' on Facebook :roll:

I'd stick with real people who you can see and go to if/when you have an issue :thumb:

Do this.
Upgrade diverter valves and f pipe
Upgrade plugs
Upgrade turbo actuators
5 bar fuel pressure regulator
DO88 GT2 intercoolers
ECU retune
Kline 100 cell exhaust
+ new clutch (the existing one was original)

All adds up to a 9e upgrade. It flies and sounds pretty good too. 565 horses. Cant get enough of it.

Ken and the team deliver. :thumb:

Thanks for your comments on this. Would the Kline manifolds make much difference I top of the exhaust, seems a lot of money in comparison.

I'm in. Kline 100cel exhaust and manifolds ordered . 4 week lead time so should be here for beginning of March. Now to decide on the ECU tuner. The COBB handheld is looking a strong favourite. Anyone used on here?

Exhaust arrived

Exhsust arrived from Kline in the week. Excellent company to deal with. well packed and all looking great. if it sounds anything like it looks then I will be happy. Pictures attached

Attachments

• resized_20200309_220019_5036_568.jpeg
    resized_20200309_220019_5036_568.jpeg
    286 KB · Views: 5,017
  • resized_img_20200309_wa0013_1310_160.jpeg
    resized_img_20200309_wa0013_1310_160.jpeg
    272.9 KB · Views: 5,017
  • resized_img_20200309_wa0015_7968_180.jpeg
    resized_img_20200309_wa0015_7968_180.jpeg
    281.3 KB · Views: 5,017
re : internet heroes

911tuning/Markski developed the 996/997 turbo upgrades back in the early 2010's for 9e.

They went their separate ways after a few years.

There are many Mezger turbo owners that are happy with both 9e and Markski tuning options.

9e is better if you want a complete turn-key package; Markski is preferred if you want to do some of the work yourself. 9e is a lot closer than an OPC in terms of approach and charges in my experience.

That Kline looks great, I have one on my Turbo along with many mods that 911Tom has suggested, you will love the difference they make, look forward to watching your progress 8)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back