Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Can these be replaced?

-ollie-

Monza
I'm looking for a replacement set of these for a 996, can anyone point me in the right direction? They are the rubber seals that clip into the bumper and fill the gap between the bumper & headlight.

DB2QaQg.jpg

Cheers

Marky911 said:
Hi Ollie, yep you can get them.

The Porsche tax is strong though. About £60 each. :eek:

They sometimes pop up on eBay. There was one on eBay for £22 last month but it's gone now.

This is one side. There's another number for the opposite side.

https://www.deroure.com/partinfo.asp?MAK=3&MDL=28&TBL=3317&SMA=0&SMO=0&ST=&SC=0&PBID=120910

Obviously do your homework or talk to your parts guy before ordering. Maybe try some breakers too. :thumb:

Cheers Marky, what are they called? I was searching for headlight gaskets and bumper gaskets and came up short!

Are they OEM only do you know? £60 does seem strong!

Yep OEM only unfortunately.

They're called a cover on the parts file. For eBay I just type in all sorts, so headlight trim or strip, or bumper trim or strip.

Like I say a breakers may sell you one/two. Depends if they usually leave them on the bumper though.
Try Douglas Valley Breakers. They used to have a really bad attitude/name but have really improved over recent years. They've gone from 'not with a bargepole" to my first call these days. :wink:

-ollie- said:
I'm looking for a replacement set of these for a 996, can anyone point me in the right direction? They are the rubber seals that clip into the bumper and fill the gap between the bumper & headlight.

DB2QaQg.jpg

Cheers

Hi Ollie, I managed to revive mine. They were in one piece, but were faded and looking tired. I heated them up with a hot air gun and brought the pigment back making them look new again.

Not sure if this is what your need?? Worth a shot

Cheers Nick

I bought one of these with a few other bits and bobs, I expected the bill to be about 50 quid, when I was told they had arrived I popped down to pay and nearly dropped to the floor when they said it was around £120 to pay, I asked why it was so much and it was this strip that was around £60, I wish I'd asked the price at the time of ordering :frustrated:

He has a Mk2 Cup car so GT3 front end like mine.

They're all a similar price but numbers will differ if the Turbo ones are different (Same headlights, so might not differ). Hence me saying check with parts guy before ordering though.

Cheers guys.

I'll have a word with the parts guy, not sure I'll be paying £70-100 a side though! My existing ones may have to go again at that price.

nickyg63 said:
what's wrong with yours currently?

They're split and falling to bits.

RXBoxster has kindly sorted me out a set from his stash :thumb:

-ollie- said:
nickyg63 said:
what's wrong with yours currently?

They're split and falling to bits.

RXBoxster has kindly sorted me out a set from his stash :thumb:

Awesome, glad your sorted! Mine managed to get cleaned up and looked ok.

All the best

Nick

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renn27
Back