Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Looking for a nice manual 964 c2 coupe

Re: 964

stichill99 said:
Have you had a look at the Kenny Dunn car in Edinburgh?

"70,000 MILES IS IN GREAT CONDITION HAVING BEEN IN STORAGE FOR MOST OF THE LAST 10YEARS , CURRENTLY HEADING IN TO OUR WORKSHOP FOR A COMPLETE RE-COMMISIONING"

Sounds like it's been sat unused for 10 years rather than being used which isn't a great way to treat a car. Prefer one that's seen regular use.

...3 years of searching and you haven't found anything suitable?

^^^^ My thoughts exactly.

No offence but there's no reason why a search for any 911 should take longer than 3 months, let alone 3 years. 6 months max.

Unless the buyer isn't prepared to pay the going rate.

As I say no offence but a 3 year search for a car is lunacy. Life's way too short for that carry on.

Marky911 said:

No offence but there's no reason why a search for any 911 should take longer than 3 months, let alone 3 years. 6 months max.

As I say no offence but a 3 year search for a car is lunacy. Life's way too short for that carry on.

I looked for a 914 on and off for 26 years! :floor:

:grin: :wack: :mrgreen:

kas750 said:

:grin:

More off than on then Ady, I'm guessing.

I just think if someone is posting wanted threads on forums they must be ready to go, so why then spend another 3 years just looking.
That's 3 years he could have been enjoying one and in these times, when petrol cars days are becoming numbered, I would tell anyone to pick a car they like and get driving it. :wink:

We are all different though. :thumb:

Marky911 said:

No offence taken.

I've been looking for the right 964 C2 which would be a long term keeper.

I currrently have a 996 turbo (which I've had for 7 years) and a daily so no rush.

Finding the right 911 in 3 months is fine if it's a newer model, but the older it is the longer it can take to find the right car.

It took me 6 months to find my 996 turbo. A 964 C2 is harder still (especially if you don't want a red one) as there is a smaller pool of really good cars in the right spec.

I keep an eye on different places and drop a note on here every so often to see if anyone is selling.

I have my eye on a couple of cars (if they come up for sale), but I'll keep looking.

Thanks

Marky911 said:
kas750 said:

:grin:

More off than on then Ady, I'm guessing.

I just think if someone is posting wanted threads on forums they must be ready to go, so why then spend another 3 years just looking.
That's 3 years he could have been enjoying one and in these times, when petrol cars days are becoming numbered, I would tell anyone to pick a car they like and get driving it. :wink:

We are all different though. :thumb:
Very true Mark :thumbs:

I guess if one is inclined to think that the market might drop over time which seems only natural given the ever changing technology, and additionally the increase in media coverage of climate change, govts proclaiming climate emergency, then I guess if you dream of driving a Porsche perhaps best get in there FAST...?

As for investment potential...hmm, I think we may well be a tad past peak Porsche. In 2009 a pal of mine bought red 964 C2 with black trim very similar to the Edinburgh car mentioned, for £16k from a Porsche dealership, markets can rise and fall it seems.....?

In normal times I would expect this to be the best time of year for sports car buyers, but it seems possible that the market is under a whole different set of circumstances from normal..?

Hope you find one to suit soon. :thumb:

My 964 will be up for sale in the new year if you're still looking.

Black, manual, C2, FSH, 88k miles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back