Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 GTS

Exact same spec as mine, similar mileage to when I got it 2 years ago and quite a bit cheaper - maybe this is a good time to buy!

Yeh xmas I imagine and when weather is poor bad time to sell/good to buy. Anything particular to look out for when viewing and these Center lock wheels a problem much?

Car as awesome as it looks/sounds?

I bought exactly 2 years ago so same market conditions etc. and so reckon you'll get a good deal on these.

CL wheels only really an issue if you have a puncture and expect to drive away. With these cars one doesn't tend to use dodgy outfits and any decent shop knows how to handle them.

As for condition you need to see and inspect it but will come with warranty for peace of mind. I suggest you need to drive it also unless you're very familiar / want PDK, cabrio etc. Both PDK, 4wd and cabrio were exactly what I wanted but I accepted the inevitable compromises.

Really only you know if it's the car for you.

As mentioned by others, I wouldn't be overly concerned about the mechanical condition as you will get 2 years warranty - the cosmetic appearance should be good as its being sold through an OPC and if it isn't up to scratch then negotiate with them to get it sorted before you commit.

You have picked an interesting car, I love it but it won't be everyone's cup of tea.
I love a soft top, nothing beats topless motoring when the weathers good, the PDK is excellent, 4WD gives some extra peace of mind in the wet and personally I can't stand alcantara so the full leather option is a must.

The purists will make all sorts of arguments about manual, coupe etc but ultimately you're buying it so only you can decide but whichever way you go use it and enjoy it :thumb:

Cheers both some great point made :thumb:

Alcantara I have in race mini on steering wheel and it wears and looks smooth and strange. I am sure Porsche is way better quality but meh at that - my favourite description was mouse fur :)

There isn't a manual car for sale currently and super rare so could wait forever on that (had dsg on two cars and drove 981/991.2 PDK) and not overly hung up on it.

For me it's a balance of great car to drive topless (the car to be clear) and also chill on longer drives so spec ticks all the boxes. Thankfully found the original GTS brochure for it which really helps.

Dropped them a mail then may need to travel the 211 odd miles for a look and drive

Nicely specced car, interior has some nice boxes ticked including the all important leather dash. In terms of spec the PDK 4 GTS Cab is probably the least desirable spec as a drivers car. Coupe, RWD and Manual being the three things that tick that box.

They're great cars !

Cheib said:
Nicely specced car, interior has some nice boxes ticked including the all important leather dash. In terms of spec the PDK 4 GTS Cab is probably the least desirable spec as a drivers car. Coupe, RWD and Manual being the three things that tick that box.

They're great cars !
I agree that the Leather dash is a very nice to have option; I know this doesn't have any impact on performance ha ha. Great cars

hopeydaze said:
I agree that the Leather dash is a very nice to have option; I know this doesn't have any impact on performance ha ha. Great cars

Hmm I was told that alcantara gives you extra 10bhp - was I lied too :/ I really want topless and I have my race mini for stupid track slideyness (r53 low power). If I was tracking car I coupe would be preferred but PDK quicker and that's what tracking is about :)

balcairn said:
hopeydaze said:

Hmm I was told that alcantara gives you extra 10bhp - was I lied too :/ I really want topless and I have my race mini for stupid track slideyness (r53 low power). If I was tracking car I coupe would be preferred but PDK quicker and that's what tracking is about :)

What you want is Alcantara and a Leather Dash.....now then you have a proper unicorn 8)

I was confused by the other OPC GTS as only had one option but in pictures I spied Bose and heated seats so clearly a mistake. Found it on dealer website https://www.jardinemotors.co.uk/porsche/used-cars/10433897-porsche-911-carrera-4-gts-pdk/ and it comes with mouse fur! :). I think they have had it a while from mileage since last mot plus says 'reduced by £6k'

Think GTS May be most 'sensible' option as I started drifting into turbo S :). Few mid 60's from random Dealer but not full opc service

Has quite a few options on that one. I spy a subtle painted centre console in there too :thumb:

Low mileage and around the right price for a cab of that spec imo

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back