Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Condensation in Sports Chrono Clock

mikeluke

Mugello
Not used the Boxster (981) for a couple of weeks - been under a cover during that time - when we went out today there was condensation on the inside of the sports chrono clock - I used a hairdryer to dissipate it but once the clock had cooled down it has come back.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks

Mike

I've never seen this on Any model fitted with the clock before :eek:

Were your windows misted up perhaps ? just wondering if there is a small water leak somewhere .

Logically though i can't see any way it would get inside this clock .

The clock is above the heater box though .. so just a stab in the dark is heater matrix leak .. that's normally a problem when the car is hot or somehow water is not draining away from the a/c system .

I'm guessing basically !!

Like headlamps then heating up the glass won't get rid of the moisture .. you will probably need to remove the clock and see if there's any access from behind to get some air into it .. at work i would be thinking an air line blower to get it out .

Thanks, guys - it is still under warranty, so might ask the OPC guys - mind you, my local is Reading, so they probably will not have a clue!

:)

Left the cover off overnight - no sign of condensation this morning...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back