Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New owner and error codes already....

I have and have always had nothing but respect for 9E .. they concentrate on performance which is something i struggle on .. if it ain't Porsche then i struggle lol .. said that many times ...

Dam shame they are so far away from me .. sigh .

But i digress ..

Did you clear the low voltage fault codes before you visited them ?

if so they have come back so that's an area of investigation .

For me and what you have said then there is an issue with the steering angle sensor .. whether that's the sensor or wiring i can't say but i do think a garage needs to be looking at it and trying to find the fault as for now i think you might just be throwing parts at it trying to fix this fault .

My 2 pennys anyways .

Hi deMort, I spent a few minutes chatting with Ken today, the owner of said place and referenced your advice. He knows or knows of you!

My fault reader didn't have any voltage related codes showing last week, but the car definitely had less volts then than now - low 13s on the individual sensors measured by the reader.

if that is significant or not, I am not sure but they only found wear and tear type things to factor into future maintenance on the car, which is probably a good thing!

I find it a little strange that you cleared the low voltage codes only for them to come back ..

low voltage will cause steering angle sensor faults .

It may be a red herring but it's something that needs investigating .

I've never actually met Ken but have spoken to him and of course chatted to him on this forum so we do know each other :)

We are technically in competition with each other but as i don't represent my garage on here then i'm free to advise 9E for work to be done when i want to :D

Hi deMort, I haven't seen any voltage codes on my fault code reader and looked for them today to see if that was linked to the code 4440 returning, but no low voltage codes visible, at least on my tester.

I did have a new code today - 4420 but no voltage ones!

When you 1st start up, you can see the sensor reading the turn of the wheel in degrees but when the fault comes along, you get no reading from the sensor which makes me think its something in the wiring or power to the sensor but what do I know!

I am enjoying learning the new car and how things work or not in my case :D

PM Sent! thank you so much

Well, lots of car use this week and most of it with warning lights off!

I have checked all of the connections and visibly inspected the wiring and it looks perfect.

There is a bunch of spaghetti, from a change of head unit, by the rate of turn sensor and I tidied that up and the rate of turn error message hasn't returned.

Code 5521 has returned though.

December is a busy time and one way or another, this will hopefully be sorted soon.

hopefully, the final up-date on this point..

The fault has been fairly non existent in the last few weeks and today I called in to see a very helpful person who put the car on his genuine Porsche tester and also recalibrated the steering angle sensor.

After a long drive to his house, the fault was not present on the dashboard or on the tester!!!

It is lovely to have a dashboard without warning lights!

Thanks to people (especially deMort) for this advise and support.

Time to start a running thread type post as I have been tidying up the car a little and have a few more things planned!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back